LGV HGV Class 1 Driver
- Lutterworth, United Kingdom
Fowler Welch – a multi-award winning logistics provider who deliver a range of products and services to retailers and wholesalers across the nation. We live by a simple set of values: to delight our customers, maximise our efficiency, be socially responsible and promote being an employer of choice.
We are now recruiting for LGV/HGV C+E Class 1 Drivers on a full time, permanent basis at our Lutterworth site.
Salary: (based on a minimum of 45 contracted hours)
- weekday rates: £13.00 - £13.75
- Saturday rates: £16.90 - £17.88
- Sunday/bank holidays rate: £18.75
Shift: Various 5 from 7 (providing flexible AM and PM start times)
In your role as a LGV Driver, you will be operating refrigerated articulated vehicles, delivering and collecting chilled stock from Local and Regional Distribution Centres as well as Farms and Packhouses across the UK.
- Ensure correct and thorough completion of paperwork
- Observe and adhere to company rules and procedures, including all aspects of health, safety and hygiene
- Maintain a good working knowledge of operations within the transport department
- Effectively manage own working time in line with the Road Transport Directive
- Adhere to tachograph rules and regulations at all times
- Ensure daily vehicle checks are completed in line with company procedure
- Responsible for unit and trailer, including temperature checks
- Ensure proof of deliveries (PODs) are signed and returned to the Transport Office after delivery
- Achieve and succeed fuel efficiency targets set by the business
- Any other duties as reasonably required
- Possession of LGV Class 1 Licence
- Current CPC
- Knowledge of Road Transport Directive and current drivers’ hours.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Effectively prioritise workload in order to meet set deadline
In return, we offer:
- Fully funded CPC training that takes place on a paid working day
- Fowler Welch ‘Collision Free Year’ awards and associated yearly prize draws
- Coveted ‘Driver of the Year’ accolade – highlighting our very best drivers and rewarding them with prizes including £500 of vouchers
- Free Fowler Welch Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free Life Insurance as a Fowler Welch employee equal to three times your basic salary
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Recognition schemes for our exceptional employees – monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to #JoinOurWinningTeam and begin your career today