- St Helens, Saint Helens, UK
Foodpack is a food packaging company who pack and manufacture a wide range of products for major retail and branded companies. It is an exciting time to join Foodpack as we are now part of the Culina Group, the market leading chilled and ambient food & drink warehousing, distribution and transport specialist based in the UK and Ireland.
We are currently recruiting for a Specifications Technologist on a full time, permanent basis at our St Helens depot.
Shifts: Monday - Friday
- To write, process and approve product specifications involving frequent interaction with suppliers in relation to technical queries.
- To interact with customers on technical issues relating to a variety of specifications/material queries; liaise with the Supply team in relation to the completion and sign off raw material specifications.
- To develop and manage internal specifications for incoming materials and provide support to the site for technical and quality functions.
- To review copy artwork, in line with updated customer technical and labelling policies, and include all regulatory changes that will impact on the accuracy of the pack (information and labelling).
- To maintain and complete internal supplier assurance systems.
- To maintain retailers web based online technical systems/standards and follow through on audit actions.
- To update internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance to retail customer requirements and complete GAP analysis of same as required.
- Creation and management of internal labels; working closely with NPD in identifying and advising on labelling non-conformances and changes required to existing packs.
- To support with traceability exercises as required.
- To manage the calibration schedule.
- Management of the allergen matrix.
- To support the internal auditing team and actively participate in regular site audits and customer visits.
- To maintain document control.
- To actively participate and be a member of the HACCP team.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with this role.
- Educated to a degree level in food technology or equivalent qualifications, and experience.
- Experience of using retailer specification systems and retailer web based technical systems
- Experience gained within a food manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with major retailers
- Knowledge of legal labelling legislation
- Previous knowledge and understanding of technical food specification writing
- Free parking and secure bike store
- Company shop membership available
- Benefits platform
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Company pension
- PPE provided
- Staff rest room with fresh food facilities and subsidised hot drinks
- On the job training
- Career advancement opportunities
pension scheme, life assurance and great staff facilities. Hospital, dental and optical, training and development and MANY MORE!
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to #JoinOurWinningTeam and begin your career today