Production Team Leader
- St Helens, Saint Helens, UK
Foodpack IPS is a food packaging company who pack and manufacture a wide range of products for major retail and branded companies. It is an exciting time to join Foodpack as we are now part of the Culina Group, the market leading chilled and ambient food & drink warehousing, distribution and transport specialist based in the UK and Ireland.
Foodpack’s environment is professional yet friendly which is reflected in the fact that many of our staff have worked for us for a long time. The group as a whole have been shortlisted for ‘best place to work’ in 2019 in the Talent in Logistics Awards and staff reward and recognition is important to us.
We are looking for a Production Team Leader to join the team at our St Helens depot on a full time, permanent basis.
Shift Pattern: 37.5 hours per week – VARIOUS SHIFTS AVAILABLE (ROTATING OR FIXED; WEEKEND SHIFTS AVAILABLE)
To coordinate production resources, staff, machines, materials and equipment ensuring best utilisation of resources to deliver the agreed production plan. Ensure the product is produced in accordance with the company’s product and good manufacturing procedures and standards.
- To manage and organise the team in meeting the day to day requirements on the production line
- To take ownership of the production line quality matters and report any issues to Supervisor, Quality and Engineering Departments
- To continually strive for improvements in production outputs
- To ensure timely and accurate completion of relevant documents
- To take ownership for hygiene issues on the line which includes a pre-start clean, general housekeeping and the monitoring of PPE
- To play an active role in developing the team through task rotation and training initiatives
- To set tasks and monitor efficiencies
- To ensure consistent communication with all team members
- To ensure safe working practices amongst the team and adhere to the company’s health and safety policy procedures at all times
- To carry out any other duties that are commensurate with this role
- Provide good communication and support levels at all times
- Promote and execute company’s values
- Undertake own internal training and development activities
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Take responsibility of own Health & Safety and others that may be effected by your actions
In return, we offer: pension scheme, life assurance and great staff facilities. Hospital, dental and optical, training and development and MANY MORE!
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to #JoinOurWinningTeam and begin your career today