Warehouse Shift Manager
- Featherstone, Pontefract WF7, UK
Part of the Culina Group, IPS is the UK market leader in Contract Packing solutions. IPS provides the most extensive pool of Contract Packing equipment and expertise available in the UK. IPS continues to grow and is now widely integrated and embedded within operations right across the Culina Group network.
The Warehouse Shift Manager will manage teams within the Warehouse and motivate employees. Ensuring all aspects of Health & Safety within the Warehouse are maintained and product is picked and dispatched to the highest standard in order to meet set KPI’s.
Shfts: 06:00 - 14:00/ 14:00 - 22:00, rotating.
- Manage and motivate the shift team in order to ensure that productivity and service KPI’s are achieved or exceeded
- Ensure the highest possible levels of health, safety and hygiene are upheld so that legislative and quality requirements can be complied with, ensuring relevant paperwork is completed and retained
- Deliver communication briefings so that all Shift are aware of all Company and local issues and employees are able to offer input / improvements and feel involved
- Manage Goods Inwards area to ensure that receipts are made quickly and without damaging goods so that stock is available to satisfy orders
- Develop all team members so that their contributions to the Warehouse can be maximised and succession plan
- Carry out disciplinary / grievance interviews and investigations in line with Company procedure
- Monitor and control sickness absence levels in line with Company policy and carry out return to work interviews effectively and efficiently
- Monitor and control time and attendance system
- Man power planning, by ensuring the appropriate levels of overtime and agency workers to efficiently and cost effectively run the shift
- Enforce and adhere all Company policies and procedures
- Monitor and control training for teams, ensuring the correct amount of health & safety representation on shift, i.e. First Aiders, Fire Marshalls etc.
- Support Warehouse & Admin Manager in any ad-hoc duties within the Warehouse function
- Responsible for ensuring the Warehouse is managed in a time orderly manner and ensuring all Company policies and procedures are enforced and adhered to
- Responsible for first line employee relations of approx. 60 warehouse operatives including Line Leaders, with assistance from HR where necessary.
- Strong communication skills
- Effectively manage staff
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Effectively prioritise work load in order to meet set deadlines
- A good standard of computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Office Applications i.e. Word and Excel or equivalent
- Able to work as part of a team or individually
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to #JoinOurWinningTeam and begin your career today!