Quality Systems Coordinator
- Featherstone, Pontefract WF7, UK
IPS is the largest co-packer in the UK, working with some of the best-known food brands to provide cost-effective and innovative co-packing, co-filling and co-manufacturing solutions.
We are now currently recruiting for a Quality Systems Coordinator on a full time, permanent basis at our Featherstone site
Monday-Friday 8.30am - 5pm
The Role - Quality Systems Coordinator – Customer Facing
Purpose To ensure that compliance to site standards/ set procedures are adhered to. To ensure the smooth day to day running of the technical function.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To have day to day contact with our customer base as and when required
- To carry out micro/allergen testing to a set schedule
- To Audit internal processes and procedures
- To carry out GMP Audits
- To be involved in site audits
- To instigate incident investigations and ensure close out.
- To instigate corrective actions and ensure close out
- To authorise, monitor and control rework
- Collation of data – this includes internal incidents, non-conformances
- To manage, control and monitor Quality Near Miss reporting and instigate action where needed
- Attend new product trials, new product start-ups with or without customer representation
- Be involved in Root Cause Analysis
- To analyse and be involved in the continual improvement of IPS Processes
- To train and brief new procedures/processes to relevant personnel
- To validate training
- To ensure correct quality checks are in place for each line code that reflect the QMS and customer requirements
- To ensure routine Pest Control visits are carried out on time
- To ensure calibration of equipment takes place to a set schedule
- Conduct routine independent Quality Checks in production
- Be involved in the setting and verifying of the IPS ‘Gold’ Standard
- Play an active part in the setting and implementing of the IPS Standard i.e.:- Attendance, Time keeping, work performance, appearance, communication etc.
- Promoting and adhering to IPS Best Practice and Site set standards
- Attend internal & customer site meetings
- Conduct traceability exercises
- Positive Release of finished product
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working in a food factory environment would be advantageous
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive disposition, and a clear focus on meeting deadlines.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have an approachable and team spirit attitude.
- Must be flexible in approach to work and undertake overtime during busy periods when required.
- Able to communicate and motivate others is an essential part of the role.
- Understanding of internal systems and processes, with the ability to work within these parameters.
- An understanding of food safety and health and safety requirements is essential.
- Basic computer literacy.
- A basic level of literacy and numeracy is required in order to complete required paperwork.
- Able to work under pressure both as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Must also be able to communicate effectively to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Confident to make own decisions and liaise with other department colleagues and/or departments.
In return for your passion, hard work and determination we offer: competitive holidays, Life Assurance, pension scheme, health cash plans, retail discounts and MANY MORE!
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to #JoinOurWinningTeam and begin your career today