- Barton upon Irwell, Eccles, Manchester M30, UK
IPS is the UK's Market Leading Co-Packer IPS is the largest co-packer in the UK, working with some of the best-known food brands to provide cost-effective and innovative co-packing, co-filling and co-manufacturing solutions.
Job Title: Quality Assurance
Location: Port Salford
Shift: Rotating - 06.00 - 14.00 / 14.00 - 22.00
We are now recruiting for a Quality Assurance on a permanent basis at our Port Salford depot.
*Candidates applying for this role, FMCG experience is essential, food industry related experience essential*
- Coaching Line Leaders through the Quality training to help them understand the standards we are looking to achieve.
- Supporting Production daily
- Carrying out dialogue with agency to achieve best skilled workers
- Working with the site team with regards route cause action (RCA)
- Conducting morning quality walk
- Participating in morning production meeting
- Producing ‘Red & ‘Green’ packs along with test packs for the metal detector
- Producing weight packs for check weigher
- Monitoring temperature, check weighers and metal detector
- Releasing of finished stock
- Checking production documentation ‘Vision’ daily
- Releasing and holding Product
- Signing off line after cleaning
- Environmental swabbing
- Maintaining Micro documentation
- Maintaining and verifying non-conformance
- Carrying out and recording GMP audits, Glass and hard plastic, quality audits
- Pest control
- Calibrating and validating scales and any other measure equipment
- Promoting best practise within the site for Quality
- Undertaking such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post. In the event of a quiet period you will be required to work on production.
- Conducting traceability ( backwards and forwards ) and Mass Balance through ‘Vision’
- Ensuring all accidents and incidents are reported correctly
- Assisting in investigations for accidents and incidents
- Assisting in risk assessments for operations within your area
- Updating risk assessment forms
- Contributing to continuous improvement programmes / projects to improve the Quality Management System
- Working with the site team in challenging operational procedures to maximise the site efficiency
- Competent in the use of Vision and Globe
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety
- A good working knowledge of MS Office (including email, word and excel).
- A basic level of literacy and numeracy is required in order to meet the requirements of this role
- On occasions where production is quiet would need to work with Team Leaders on line.
Click APPLY NOW to kick-start your application and become one step closer to becoming part of the award winning logistics company that is Culina Group.