Intermediate Frontend Engineer (Remote)
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Crunch.io is an innovative analytics company in the market research industry. We offer a survey data analysis platform that allows market researchers, analysts, and marketers to collaborate in a secure, cloud-based environment, using an intuitive drag-and-drop interface. Crunch users can quickly gain insights from their data and communicate them to their clients.
On the front-end team, we feel strongly about developing solutions that are both technically and aesthetically sound. We invite you to bring your experience and perspective to conversations about the future growth of our applications and environment. We work closely together, with a healthy and non-combative review process aimed at improving code as well as developing each other’s skills. In short, we strive to write solid, thoroughly tested, and readable code; and we are seeking a new contributor to our already highly effective team.
In an intermediate engineering role, you will immediately begin to add value to a complex application that clients depend on to get their jobs done. You will learn to refine not only your own code but the Crunch APIs that the application is built upon. Your responsibilities will grow to include ownership of new features, the resolution of bugs, and regression-proofing through comprehensive test coverage. In any given week, you might:
- work on new features with other frontend team members
- triage, unravel, test, and resolve bugs and issues
- update existing code in parallel with backend changes to ensure uninterrupted operation
- review your colleagues’ work on pull requests
- propose, discuss, and debate technology improvements, code organization, design patterns, and conventions employed in the front-end development environment
- Commitment to high development standards, including comprehensive testing in whatever language you’re working
- Demonstrated ability to work with team of peers, understanding and respecting the responsibilities and expertise that developers, designers, QA folks, and others bring to the project
- Ability to provide reasonable estimates on work, meet deadlines, and take ownership and responsibility
- Well-developed principles of self-motivation and time management
- ECMAScript (latest specification, as needed)
- Webpack + Babel (ES6 modules)
- React + Redux
- Immutable data objects
- AngularJS 1.5
- Styled Components
- Unit testing with Jest + Enzyme for React (we have over 5500 unit tests across our app)
- Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment
If you have experience or interest in these additional areas, you may have the opportunity to work with them as part of your role:
- End-to-end testing (we use Nightwatch.js and Docker)
- Mobile design / touch interfaces
Crunch is a well-funded, remote-first company with a collaborative and open culture. We are passionate about our product and our mission, and value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, and fantastic customer service.
Crunch offers competitive salary; health, dental, and vision insurance; and equity options. We are a small but growing company spread from UTC+1 to +11, mostly in the Western hemisphere. Remote work is flexible and largely independent, yet highly cooperative.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.