Vice President, Government Affairs
- 1201 F St NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is a small association that serves some of the world’s biggest brands in the travel industry. With a global reach, we provide a unified voice and are the leading authority of the cruise community. We support policies and practices that foster a safe, secure, healthy and sustainable cruise ship environment and are dedicated to promoting the cruise travel experience.
CLIA is currently seeking a new Vice President, Government Affairs for North America to create and lead strategic programs to achieve the desired outcomes for legislative policy priorities at the state and federal levels which advance CLIA members’ ability to operate sustainably and grow in the North American market.. Specifically, the VP will:
- Develop and lead strategic advocacy programs on emerging or pending legislative policy proposals that impact CLIA members’ license to operate and/or grow sustainably.
- Create and lead policymaker and policy influencer outreach programs to educate stakeholders on the industry’s best practices, operational excellence, and promote a positive image of the cruise industry.
- Represent CLIA members before elected officials at the state and federal levels to advance the association’s positions on legislative policy.
- Support the CEO on government affairs related engagements, including meetings on Capitol Hill, fundraising events, speaking engagements, and policy roundtables.
You should have a bachelors degree and twelve (12) years of experience in government affairs and advocacy progressive experience at a trade association or company. You should also have:
- Working knowledge of U.S. federal-level public policy process, advocacy best practices, political action committee best practices, and evolving political dynamics
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strategic relations with coworkers, members, legislators, community leaders, and other stakeholders
- Ability to persuasively communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand for a wide variety of audiences
- Skill in public speaking and delivering presentations to individuals and groups
- Skill in negotiation and facilitation
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products, association management systems (AMS), and legislative tracking, stakeholder engagement, and advocacy management software
Our casual and fun work environment are just the start of what we can offer you at CLIA. We provide our employees with a competitive total compensation package, including medical, employer paid dental and vision, retirement plan with matching contributions, and an on-site fitness center for your wellness. With an office right at Metro Center, your commute has never been easier.
Embark on a journey with CLIA! To join our talented team, please apply through our job board by submitting your resume and cover letter.
CLIA is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.