Practice Management Coordinator
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, intellectual property, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Practice Management (PM) Coordinator works closely with and supports assigned practice groups and related working groups on all practice management initiatives. This position reports to the Practice Group Manager(s), and will work closely with other members of the Practice Management teams.
- Prepares financial reports and monitors financial performance of the practice groups.
- Monitors and reports on attorney utilization.
- Coordinates and schedules attorney training and development programs.
- Handles all logistical responsibilities for practice group meetings, events, and retreats, including drafting agendas, scheduling, issuing of calendar appointments, and similar tasks.
- Maintains group intranet site and repository of relevant practice management information.
- Assists with projects associated with lateral attorney recruiting.
- Prepares and monitors practice group expense budgets.
- Supports the morale and engagement of attorneys in the practice groups.
- Provides assistance with the annual attorney evaluation process, including coordination with the Attorney Resources team.
- Assists with other ad hoc and special projects associated with processes and group performance as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and collaborative manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
- Demonstrates sound judgment with respect to confidential and sensitive information and persuasion in gaining the cooperation of others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff and vendors.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize technology tools and resources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience. Experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.