Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Content Writer plays an integral role in content generation for the firm’s marketing and business development efforts as a writer, editor, and researcher. This position works closely with the broader Business Development, Communications, and Marketing and Branding Technology teams to produce print and digital content that is impactful and helps to inform and influence decision makers.
The Content Writer works with colleagues across the Business Development, Communications, and Marketing and Branding Technology teams on projects such as practice descriptions for crowell.com, marketing materials, and client pitches and presentations. Additionally, the Content Writer interfaces with lawyers and various teams, including Recruiting and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), on strategic projects.
- Takes a leading role in drafting and editing:
- Practice and industry content on crowell.com
- “About the Firm” content for print and digital formats
- Materials to support lateral recruiting conversations
- Editorial content for the firm’s social media channels, particularly LinkedIn
- Significant thought leadership projects, including surveys and white papers
- Firm descriptions for use in list/directory ads, such as firm profiles in Vault and Chambers
- Internal good news e-mails to promote recent client successes
- Firm News and Collaboration Case Studies on crowell.com
- Significant firm and lawyer award submissions
- Marketing materials such as brochures and one-pagers
- Firm advertising copy
- Partners with the Recruiting and DEI teams on projects, including the DEI microsite, recruiting materials, and other digital and print pieces to help advance Crowell’s strategic objectives.
- Collaborates with the Business Development team and attorneys to draft client development presentations and pitches.
- Works with the Communications team to promote significant client successes and other notable developments.
- Works with the Branding and Marketing Technology team to translate content into visually impactful digital and print pieces.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree. A concentration in English, Marketing, Journalism, or Communications is strongly preferred. An equivalent combination of training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which knowledge, skills, and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated. Experience in law firm communications, business development, a marketing department, a public relations agency, or a media newsroom is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent writing and editing experience is required. Must demonstrate a proven record of content creation and copyediting.
- Understanding of AP writing style is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate creatively, clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff, and vendors. Requires creativity, discretion, and the ability to persuade others.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a heavy workload in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts regarding matters of a complex nature and to build effective relationships.
- Required experience in one or more areas: journalism; public relations/public affairs; digital communications (web, social media, blogging); internal communications.
- Ability to research a variety of topics through web and library searches, interviews, and other methods and to translate the knowledge to strategically written collateral.
- Ability to make presentations to small and/or large groups in an effective manner.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to produce memos, spreadsheets, slides, and standard work documents.
- Understanding digital customer journeys and developing SEO strategy is desired.
- Ability to track and evaluate analytics for the purpose of demonstrating the effectiveness of communications efforts.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Our Firm is committed to fair and equitable compensation practice in accordance with applicable laws. The salary range for this position is $87,800 - $127,100. Additional compensation may include a discretionary bonus. Other benefits include healthcare, vision, dental, retirement, and all-purpose leave. The salary for this position may vary based on location, market data, an applicant’s skills and prior experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other factors.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.