IP Litigation Specialist
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Intellectual Property (IP) Litigation Specialists are members of the Practice Support Department whose job function includes efficient and effective handling of advanced-level work. IP Litigation Specialists have a minimum billing requirement of 1600 hours per year.
- Assists attorneys with handling significant cases and complex work.
- Provides case management for patent ligitation in federal district courts, appeals before the Federal Circuit Court of Appeal, and actions before the U.S. International Trade Commission and Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Performs complex and factual research, analysis, and drafting of documents. Analyzes, indexes, and summarizes documents, data, and depositions as required by team attorneys and/or clients.
- Drafts correspondence, memoranda, and pleadings.
- Manages discovery process for all phases of discovery and trial preparation, including coordination of electronic and paper discovery, patent file histories, depositions, and transcripts. Schedules and track depositions, filing deadlines, and other case related deadlines.
- Prepares for and attends depositions.
- Provides trial support on active litigation matters including preparation of witness binders, deposition designations, and electronic presentations and materials for use by team attorneys.
- Coordinates all trial logistics, including setting up the war room(s), reserving hotel and office space, and securing necessary equipment and supplies.
- Prepares redaction logs, privilege logs, production logs, and exhibit lists as appropriate. Troubleshoots and identifies potential concerns, determines solutions or alternatives, and develops/implements a resolution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Substantive knowledge of Intellectual Property law. Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate information with tact and courtesy.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, lawyers, and staff.
- Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts regarding matters of a routine nature requiring ordinary tact and courtesy.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) to produce quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, slides, and standard work documents.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Ability to represent the firm with honesty, integrity, and professionalism while consistently acting in an ethical manner.
- Demonstrated understanding of firm filing and case organization procedures.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, and apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort while meeting deadlines and managing workload.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing less than 50 pounds.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of seven (7) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which knowledge, skills, and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.