Facilities and Office Administration Assistant
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Facilities and Office Administration Assistant works under moderate supervision to provide general support to the Denver office. The Assistant performs operational, administrative, and hospitality duties under general supervision and with reliance upon established procedures and policies. Duties include but are not limited to Reception, duplication, scanning, facilities, supplies, mail, catering, and deliveries.
- Serves as receptionist and hospitality person.
- Takes calls from attorneys and staff requesting building services (i.e., lights out, toilets plugged, doors not working, trash removal, etc.). Places a work ticket with the building using their service request system. Refers more costly and larger requests to the Office Administrator for handling.
- Ensures all incoming mail and packages are received, recorded, and accurately delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Meets and greets vendors and provides limited direction.
- Performs high volume copying on high-end equipment for customers per their specifications. Uses all other copier/duplicator/binding equipment as needed.
- Performs basic maintenance on copy and scanning equipment in all copy centers and in duplicating center including clearing paper jams, cleaning surfaces, and troubleshooting service issues.
- Assists with basic AV for conference rooms.
- Manages the office calendar, birthdays, breakfasts, lunches, etc.
- Books visiting attorney offices and conference rooms.
- Processes Denver office facilities payments for appropriate payment using ChromeRiver.
- Updates floor plans and phone directories as needed.
- Keeps visitor offices supplied with appropriate supplies using Crowell checklist. Maintains office and kitchen supplies for the office.
- Sets up meetings and luncheons as they are scheduled. May be required to pick up meals for delivery to the office.
- Assures that luncheon and other meal or happy hour events are appropriately set up and stocked.
- Maintains beverage and pantry item inventory to allow for ad hoc meetings.
- Assists the Office Administrator with event planning for major firm events, including coordinating and assuring proper set up of all office events.
- Processes all expense reimbursements for the Office Administrator’s firm Visa and American Express cards including reconciliation of the firm’s Visa card and statements. Assists with budget and monitoring as needed.
- Serves as an informational resource on building and operations procedures and refers to the Office Administrator when appropriate.
- Processes new hires on site such as setting up security cards, inputting information as needed into various systems, and ordering business cards and name plates. Provides an office directory and conducts office tours, and is available for general orientation to the office facilities.
- Along with Office Administrator, handles security access to building loading dock and obtaining appropriate certificates of insurance from vendors (COIs).
- Coordinates travel arrangements by securing air, hotel, and car reservations as requested.
- Advises the Office Administrator of any unresolved issues or unusual circumstances involving support staff, services, or related equipment.
- Maintains any necessary administrative logs relating to services, security incidents, and any other building management tasks.
- Works on any special project request required from the Office Administrator.
The position requires a minimum High School Diploma or GED. Equivalent work experience in a corporate field/environment may be considered in lieu of some education. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
The position requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly related corporate and/or administrative experience during which knowledge, skills, and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated. Additional education may be considered in lieu of some work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines and daily requirements. Requires accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee and office data.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and external contacts.
- Working knowledge of legal terminology and procedures. Expert knowledge of legal document forms and styles.
- Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must possess a thorough command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
- Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding non-legal matters of a routine nature.
- Ability to safely lift, move and carry items without assistance, weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to be flexible in work hours and work overtime as needed.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Our Firm is committed to fair and equitable compensation practice in accordance with applicable laws. The salary range for this position is $40,700 - $59,000. Additional compensation may include a discretionary bonus. Other benefits include healthcare, vision, dental, retirement, and all-purpose leave. The salary for this position may vary based on location, market data, an applicant’s skills and prior experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other factors.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.