Network Operations Manager
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Our Firm is committed to fair and equitable compensation practice in accordance with applicable laws. The salary range for this position is $120,600-$166,500. Additional compensation may include a discretionary bonus. Other benefits include healthcare, vision, dental, retirement, and all-purpose leave. The salary for this position may vary based on location, market data, an applicant’s skills and prior experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other factors.
The Network Operations Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of day-to-day operations for the firm's network infrastructure and enterprise systems. Management includes on-premises and cloud technologies such as multifactor authentication, Windows servers, load balancers, network storage, backup systems, switches, routers, firewalls, and other related systems. The Network Operations Manager should be conversant in all relevant technologies as well as the integration and troubleshooting of complex systems.
The Network Operations Manager works with peer managers and individual contributors outside their area to ensure infrastructure needs are met for internal and external firm projects.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Network Operations staff.
- Monitors and reports on network infrastructure and enterprise application systems, consistent with system uptime and firm business requirements.
- Oversees onsite, colocation, and cloud environments.
- Facilitates organizational effectiveness through ongoing communication with the Infrastructure Services Director, managers, and local Infrastructure Services Coordinators in all offices.
- Independently and in coordination with the Infrastructure Services Director, coordinates with vendors in the selection, design, and implementation of various network infrastructure and enterprise application systems.
- Monitors the industry and stays on top of emerging technologies, and makes appropriate recommendations regarding acquisition and implementation.
- Interfaces with and provides direct support to primary stakeholders of enterprise applications or systems, where required.
- Implements documentation and change management protocols, using industry best practices and standards, to ensure system uptime, performance, and effectiveness goals are met.
- Approves and controls all purchasing and expenses generated by areas of responsibility. Actively monitors service utilization and costs in distributed environments.
- Assists the Infrastructure Services Director to formulate long-term technology strategy.
- Responsible for the overall planning and allocation of personnel and financial resources.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of equivalent work experience and training/education. A concentration in Computer Science or Information Systems is preferred.
The position requires a minimum of seven (7) years of network operations and enterprise system experience.
The position requires a minimum of three (3) year experience with directly supervising technology professionals.
Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, and/or other certifications desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated significant technical background in managing network and enterprise systems including Windows operating systems, cloud platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), virtualization technologies, routing/switching hardware and protocols, server and SAN hardware, and enterprise applications (DMS, FMS, CRM, etc).
- Ability to apply technical knowledge or guidance, analyze and interpret data from several sources, and solve problems by applying precedent or extrapolating from previous experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic, and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort while meeting deadlines and managing workload.
- Demonstrated skills to organize, support, and implement services and operational procedures.
- Demonstrated sound negotiation skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships.
- Ability to design, implement, and supervise quality improvement initiatives.
Ability to safely lift, move, and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.