Assistant Regional Technical Support Manager
- 455 N Cityfront Plaza Dr, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The primary role of the Assistant Regional Technical Support Manager is to ensure optimal performance of field office information technology systems and operations in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The Assistant Regional Technical Support Manager will provide technical expertise and guidance to local office IT staff on the operations and support of local resources such as IDF closets, including needs analysis and problem solving.
The Assistant Regional Technical Support Manager will coordinate closely with the Director of Technical Customer Services to identify, recommend, develop, and implement support solutions in line with the organization’s strategic vision.
• Responsible for overseeing the team’s work product to ensures all tasks, assignments & projects are completed on time and with minimal errors.
• Provides and facilitates ongoing technical training for new processes/procedures and onboarding of new team members.
• Assigns tasks, assignments & projects as needed to local IT staff.
• Provides technical support to local IT staff.
• Manages crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
• Plans and executes technology projects and works with the enterprise team on system implementations in in an organized and effective manner. Establishes timelines, resources, and deliverables that support business goals and tracks project progress.
• Mentors and trains IT staff in the field.
• Supports the local IT staff with day to day tasks.
• Determines the cause of user dissatisfaction and makes immediate corrections where applicable.
• Keeps the Senior Support Manager of the Solution Center informed of critical issues and their resolutions including submiting regular reports and maintaining logs of user support and training activity.
• Works with the Senior Support Manager of the Solutions Center to develop and maintain procedures governing workflow.
• Develops baseline measurements of the user support activity and periodically reviews and re-measures to ascertain the effect of environmental changes.
• Provides task and project management leadership for the Solution Center.
• Assists the Senior Support Mananger with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Solution Center.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Firm’s policies.
• Continually improves client service through diligent, thoughtful and timely execution of support requests.
• Keeps end users informed of status of problem resolution and project progress.
• Continually evaluates and improves existing and new procedures and services.
• Makes recommendations to management on ways to increase quality and efficiency of services provided.
• Ability to participate in the planning, policy and decision making discussions involving production, system availability, workflow and problems which may negatively impact system performance.
• Continually improves technical proficiency through research, self-training and participation in internal and external training opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong technical skills, including operating system and software knowledge.
• Rudimentary conference technology skillset
• Must be detail oriented and logical.
• Strong analytical ability and problem solving acumen.
• Strong oral, interpersonal and written communications skills.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
• Ability to work either independently or in a team environment, demonstrating significant initiative and self-motivation.
• Ability to juggle multiple demands simultaneously and change course rapidly as priorities change.
• Regular and timely attendance.
• Ability to lift and carry items weighing less than 50 pounds.
• Ability to be mobile to and from work and within Firm work spaces.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and outside parties.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience; a concentration in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a related field.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.