Senior Manager, Financial Systems
- 455 N Cityfront Plaza Dr, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
For the health and safety of the workforce, Crowell & Moring LLP is requiring that all prospective employees present proof that they are fully-vaccinated and—if eligible—boosted against COVID-19, or seek a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons, prior to their first day of employment. Prospective employees who are fully-vaccinated but not yet eligible for a booster shot will be required to obtain a booster within one week of eligibility as a condition of continued employment. “Crowell & Moring LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Crowell & Moring LLP will engage in the interactive process with candidates who are unable to be vaccinated and/or boosted due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons and explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Crowell & Moring is able to offer.”
The Senior Manager, Financial Systems is primarily responsible for day-to-day operations and management of the firm’s financial management system and related software. The Senior Manager is also responsible for implementing projects for process improvements and upgrades while providing user support for cases related to the financial systems.
• Serves as liaison between the IS and Accounting/Finance departments and works closely with Finance and Accounting personnel in direct support of the financial system including related applications and interfaces between the financial system and other applications.
• Serves as internal project manager related to all future financial system projects, including Design Gallery, Extend, and ARCS, managing all phases of the project life-cycle including requirement gathering, planning, testing, implementing, and training.
• Maintains proper protocols and internal controls for accepting modification and enhancement requests, and developing, testing and implementing the changes.
• Maintains proper protocols and internal controls over security and troubleshooting of issues.
• Strives to identify automated solutions to solve internal and external needs in order to improve efficiency, reliability and accuracy and reduce costs.
• Administers month-end financial system close, including proforma and month-end report processing.
• Assists with monthly system balancing, including WIP, A/R, G/L, and firm statistics.
• Manages all system set-ups and security.
• Responsible for troubleshooting internal system issues.
• Handles support and vendor relationships, including the scheduling and testing of system updates and upgrades.
• Coordinates quality assurance and regular data integrity checks.
• Provides training on new and existing technologies and processes to attorneys, secretaries, and support staff.
• Maintains and follows checklists and timelines for routine activities to ensure they are performed accurately and efficiently on an ongoing basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to quickly analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
• Ability to redesign processes as well as document complex system processes.
• Ability to independently resolve financial systems issues thereby reducing the amount of external consulting spend.
• Intermediate knowledge of accounting concepts and procedures.
• Knowledge of 4gl coding preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MS suite with the ability to independently produce complex reports, presentations, etc.
• Ability to develop skills and knowledge of others, as well as build capacity and productivity.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff and clients.
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding accounting and system matters of a complex nature. Requires patience, creativity and discretion.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing a demanding workload.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or Business. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of ten (10) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience, during which the knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated.
Advanced experience in Elite reporting software packages, such as Webview, Design Gallery, ARCS and Extend required.
Advanced experience in SQL Server including T-SQL programming, Stored Procedures, Triggers, and SSIS Packages required.
Experience with firm-wide financial system implementations.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.