Technical Support, AV & Desktop Specialist
- 455 N Cityfront Plaza Dr, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Technical Support, AV & Desktop Specialist is responsible for providing direct, technical support and troubleshooting assistance to attorneys and staff to identify, research, track, monitor and resolve technical issues.
• Resolves incoming requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer related technologies.
• Analyzes and resolves problems according to shifting priorities, time frames and resources, as well as documenting resolutions in call tracking system.
• Documents all support calls and, if necessary, escalates calls to proper internal support person. Monitors progress through resolution.
• Monitors support activity and informs team/manager of any perceived trends, positive or negative, in calls being received and/or solutions being employed.
• Troubleshoots, diagnoses and identifies failing/failed parts or systems through the use of hardware diagnostic software and routines.
• Maintains equipment, spare part, and supply inventories.
• Performs setup of personal computers for use within the firm’s network.
• Performs setup of video teleconference equipment.
• Performs setup of conference room technologies; projectors, screens, PCs.
• Performs setup of telephones in a Skype for Business environment.
• Participates in the implementation of special projects as requested.
• Improves technical proficiency through research, self-training and participation in internal and external training opportunities.
• Participates in the after-hours pager rotation, providing on-call 24x7 technical support.
• Participates in the rotation of monitoring and resolving of voicemail and email requests.
The position requires a High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or related filed is preferred. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of two (2) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience in customer service and technical support, personal computers, laptops and audio visual equipment.
The position requires a minimum of one (1) year of increasingly responsible, directly related technical support experience in a Windows 10/Office 2010 networked environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Advanced personal computer skills including hardware, operating system and software knowledge.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot Microsoft Office Applications and Windows required. Legal application knowledge preferred (Interwoven, NetDocuments, Elite, etc.).
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding non-legal matters of a complex technical nature. Requires patience, creativity and discretion.
• Demonstrated ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff and external contacts.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge or guidance, analyze and interpret data from several sources, solve problems by applying precedent or extrapolating from previous experience.
• Ability to travel to and support multiple offices.
• Ability to safely lift, move and carry boxes without assistance, weighing up to 50 pounds.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.