Accounts Payable Specialist
- 455 N Cityfront Plaza Dr, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
For the health and safety of the workforce, Crowell & Moring LLP is requiring that all prospective employees present proof that they are fully-vaccinated and—if eligible—boosted against COVID-19, or seek a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons, prior to their first day of employment. Prospective employees who are fully-vaccinated but not yet eligible for a booster shot will be required to obtain a booster within one week of eligibility as a condition of continued employment. “Crowell & Moring LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Crowell & Moring LLP will engage in the interactive process with candidates who are unable to be vaccinated and/or boosted due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons and explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Crowell & Moring is able to offer.”
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for performing vendor and employee expense related payment processing in support of multiple offices. In addition, the role requires occasional review, research and analysis to ensure the highest level of quality, accuracy and timely payment processing.
- Reviews employee expense reports from multiple offices for accuracy while ensuring timely reimbursement and follow-up when necessary.
- Organizes invoices and prepares vouchers in the accounting A/P system in preparation for payment.
- Performs ad hoc A/P research and analysis as requested.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries.
- Prepares rush check batches for payment and processes ACH payments.
- Distributes checks to check signers and ensures distribution within the deadline.
- Reconciles vendor statements and follows up with vendors.
- Assists with year-end audit requests.
- Processes upload files and resolves errors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff, and vendors.
- Ability to provide quality customer service to both internal and external contacts regarding financial matters of a routine nature.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work of a detailed nature in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of MS suite of products such as Word and Excel.
- Intermediate skill in operating standard office equipment such as calculators and desktop computers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic math concepts and the ability to perform simple math functions quickly and accurately.
- Familiarity with an automated financial management system such as Elite Enterprise.
The position requires a High School Diploma or GED. Additional relevant education such as an Associate’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
The position requires basic familiarity with office equipment, protocol, and filing systems. On-the-job training will be provided on accounts payable responsibilities and concepts.
Accounts Payable experience, particularly with a law firm or other professional services organization using a complex accounting system such as ChromeRiver and 3E, is preferred.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.