IP Administrative Support Specialist
- 455 N Cityfront Plaza Dr, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The IP Administrative Support Specialist is accountable for providing administrative support and customer service to assigned IP Attorneys and Secretaries in order to meet critical deadlines within established guidelines.
- Assists with creating, editing, formatting and troubleshooting legal documents, using various programs, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Proofreads documents to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation and correct formatting. Returns work to supervisors for final proof.
- Assists with scanning, comparing, and converting documents as needed.
- Assists with digital document transcription.
- Prepares New Client/New Matter forms.
- Opens, sorts, scans and distributes mail in compliance with office policy and procedure.
- Proofreads documents to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation and correct formatting. Arranges for return of work to requestor.
- Assists with various on-going Practice Group, office-wide or departmental tasks.
- Inputs and finalizes attorney time into timekeeping system.
- Assist with preparing and finalizing invoices as needed.
- Coordinates travel arrangements by securing air, hotel and car reservations for attorneys as assigned.
- Prepares travel and expense reimbursements for submission to Accounting Department as needed. Returns all original receipts to requestor.
- Coordinates conferences, meetings, appointments, and preparation of materials as assigned.
- Inputs and updates business contacts in Outlook and firm database as needed.
- Assists with scan and copy jobs.
- Coordinates client mailings and distributions, as needed.
- Maintains calendar of meetings, business trips, and upcoming events as assigned.
- Maintains electronic filing systems in compliance with firm guidelines and office policy to ensure accurate and efficient retrieval of data.
- Receives and screens telephone calls in a manner consistent with office policy and attorney preference. Provides telephone assistance and replies to incoming requests as directed.
- Coordinates projects with secretaries, service departments and outside vendors, as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of MS suite of products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Word Styles, Track Changes, Table of Contents, Table of Authorities, Elite, 3E, Interaction, and Chrome River a plus.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion as well as perform routine and non-routine tasks with care, attention to detail and efficiency.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff, vendors, and external contacts.
- Must possess a thorough command of the English language, including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding non-legal matters of a routine nature.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate information with tact and courtesy as well as follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
- Ability to accurately type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Basic knowledge of standard office equipment including copy, fax and scanning machines.
- Ability to work overtime hours as requested.
- Ability to safely lift, move and carry items without assistance, weighing up to 25 lbs.
The position requires an AA/BA/BS degree or equivalent specialized training.
The position requires a minimum of two (2) years of related experience. Legal administrative experience a plus.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.