Senior Paralegal, Litigation
- 590 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10022, USA
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Senior Paralegals are members of Practice Support and have more than five years of experience. They are required to use their current skills and acquire new ones to complete tasks that are invaluable in the support of work performed for clients of the Firm. Senior Paralegals have a minimum billing requirement of 1600 hours per year.
• Organize, manage, and update client files/pleadings (electronic and paper copies).
• Coordinate and provide guidance on case and project workflow for paralegals and project assistants.
• Cite Check, Blue Book, and proofread pleadings, briefs and other documents as required.
• Coordinate and prepare legal teams in large complex closings, client meetings, hearings, arbitrations, and/or trials.
• Review and analyze client files, data, and documents to assist in the investigation of facts and allegations involved in discovery.
• Assist with preparing documents for production and witness files, to be used at depositions or trial.
• Draft, edit, and proofread cover letters, internal and administrative memos, and Word documents.
• Provide data entry support on litigation databases and Excel spreadsheets.
• Perform searches in various litigation databases.
• Schedule and track depositions, filing deadlines, etc.
• Assist with the creation and maintenance of case chronologies.
• Index and summarize documents and depositions.
• Coordinate discovery and/or filings with courts or government agencies.
• Perform legal and factual research.
• Assist with creation of privilege logs.
• Prepare trial, witness, or briefing notebooks (electronic and paper copies).
Bachelor’s degree required. ABA Paralegal Certification preferred.
The position requires a minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding matters of a routine nature requiring ordinary tact and courtesy.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work for members of the Practice Support department in an organized and professional manner.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge or guidance, analyze and interpret data from several sources, and solve problems by applying precedent or extrapolating from previous experience.
• Strong attention to detail, including superior spelling and grammar.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a cooperative manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Advanced knowledge of Relativity, Case Notebook, and CaseMap.
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with attorneys and clients.
• Demonstrated basic knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Records management skills.
• Moderate typing skills.
• Ability to safely lift, move and carry boxes without assistance, weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to travel or work overtime as necessary.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.