- 455 N Cityfront Plaza Dr, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This is a temporary fulltime scheduled position.
· Operates telephone switchboard to answer, screen, and forward calls. Handles requests for information and general inquiries promptly and courteously and directs caller to appropriate destination.
· Enters visitor names into building security system and firm systems if needed, greets persons entering the firm, determines nature and purpose of visit, and directs them to their specific destination or alerts the appropriate parties of their arrival.
· Assists with conference room or meeting requests utilizing the conference room scheduling system. Coordinates with reception teams in other offices to manage conference room requests. Coordinates with practice group managers and administrators to schedule recurring meetings.
· Orders all catering needs for all conference room requests. Anticipates those needs and follows up with meeting owner.
· Reports telephone and reception area issues to appropriate manager or department head.
· Takes and relays messages as appropriate. Makes every effort to ensure correct pronunciation and/or spelling of caller’s names.
· Maintains Chicago telephone office directory, and issues guests temporary ID cards as appropriate. Follows up with staff to retrieve outstanding passes to replenish on-hand supply. Keeps security badge database up to date.
· Coordinates with other designated back-up staff to ensure that the reception area has coverage during core business hours.
· Notifies and coordinates with Office Administrator and Manger of Operations any overtime needs necessary in order to meet the needs of any early morning, weekend, or late meetings.
· Maintains a safe and professional reception area at all times, i.e. neat, clean, no loitering, etc.
· Obtains full working knowledge of and follows the proper procedures for notification of office emergencies.
· Maintains a positive professional image and adherence to the firm’s dress code.
· Maintains regular and timely attendance.
· Coordinates with Operations department to ensure that deliveries are directed to the appropriate recipients.
· Coordinates with Office Administrator or Office Managing Partner to ensure that process servers and legal papers are handled correctly.
· Provides clerical support as needed, i.e. straight typing, edits, creating labels, stuffing envelopes, proofing of documents, etc.
· Provides support to visitors, including: requesting catering, car service and travel support, as well as, light printing and photocopying as needed.
· Provides support to the Office Administrator, as needed.
The position requires a High School Diploma or equivalency certificate.
The position requires a minimum of two (2) years of directly related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position were demonstrated. Work experience in a legal or corporate environment is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding non-legal matters of a routine nature.
· Ability to be flexible to alter normally scheduled work hours to fill in during vacation or unplanned absences of alternate receptionist.
· Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate information with tact and courtesy as well as follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
· Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff, vendors and public.
· Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and comfort with learning new programs as necessary.
· May require the ability to safely lift, move and carry items without assistance, weighing up to 10 lbs.
· Ability to be mobile to and from work and within firm workspaces.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.