Temporary Desktop Support Specialist
- 455 N Cityfront Plaza Dr, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Temporary Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for responding to end user requests for computer hardware setup and hardware maintenance requests and troubleshooting assistance to attorneys and staff to identify, research, track, monitor and resolve technical issues.
• Acts as point of escalation for desktop support issues. Resolves incoming requests for assistance from customers experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer related technologies in compliance with service legal agreements.
• Documents all support calls and, if necessary, escalates calls to proper internal support person. Monitors progress through resolution.
• Troubleshoots, diagnoses and identifies failing/failed parts or systems through the use of hardware diagnostic software and routines.
• Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots customer workstations and related hardware in order to deliver required service levels.
• Follows strict hardware inventory processes, assists with asset management including tracking, procurement, and retrieval of hardware upon employment termination, as well as maintains a spare inventory for hardware swap.
• Maintains equipment, spare part, and supply inventories. Informs supervisor when stock is low for the purchase of additional stock when appropriate.
• Maintains the upkeep of the equipment workroom.
• Interacts with vendors to facilitate repairs of hardware and logs maintenance activities.
• Participates in special projects as requested.
• Performs testing and evaluation of new technology solutions.
• Continually improves technical proficiency through research, self-training and participation in internal and external training opportunities.
• Continually improves client service through diligent, thoughtful and timely execution of support requests.
The position requires a High School Diploma or GED in Management Information Systems or related field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly related technical support experience in a Windows 10/Office 2010/2019 networked environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Advanced personal computer skills or telecommunications skills, including hardware, operating systems and software knowledge.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge or guidance, analyze and interpret data from several sources, solve problems by applying precedent or extrapolating from previous experience.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff and vendors. Must have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding matters of a routine nature.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Ability to safely lift, move and carry boxes without assistance, weighing up to 50 pounds.
Crowell & Moring LLP takes great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.