Regional Manager, Technical Support
- 455 N Cityfront Plaza Dr, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Regional Manager, Technical Support Midwest manages and coordinates technical support for all activities in the Chicago and Indianapolis offices. The position is responsible for leading support efforts and maintenance of end-use computer technology and for evaluating and recommending longer term technology solutions to improve the end user experience.
This person manages day-to-day administrative operations of the support functions, including supervision of the support staff, monitoring workflow and controlling overtime, staff development, training, and conflict resolution.
• Primary role is to manage and oversee technical support and training activities to the user community located in the offices specified above.
• Provides leadership, guidance, support, and direction to all direct reporting employees including the promotion of positive work habits, clear and open communication, and teamwork.
• Demonstrates leadership by developing short- and long-term strategic plans related to the local Technical Customer Services department of IS, records, office services, facilities and reception.
• Monitors Technical Customer Service related activities and keeps the Director, Technical Customer Services informed of critical technical and support issues and their resolutions.
• Establishes and enforces service levels agreements with customers to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
• Manages, answers, evaluates and prioritizes incoming telephone, e-mail and in-person requests for technical assistance and training from users.
• Determines cause of user’s dissatisfaction and makes immediate corrections where applicable.
• Continually improves technical support services through diligent, thoughtful and timely analysis of customer satisfaction surveys and feedback.
• Provides regular reports on Help Desk Key Performance Indicators and trends.
• Works with the Technical Customer Services management team and local support contractors to develop and maintain procedures governing workflow, troubleshooting procedures and system health communications.
• Works with Manager, Network Operations in the monitoring and maintenance of server/network health and keeps the team informed of any issues.
• Provides task and project management leadership for IS technology projects.
• Manages the asset inventory of the Midwest offices. Oversees the deployment, maintenance and collection of all computer related equipment including conference room technology.
• Assists in the preparation, review and analysis of operational expense and capital budgets for the local IS departments.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience that included a minimum of three (3) years of direct supervision of others on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated application of generally accepted management, supervisory, and team building techniques and strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding matters of a complex technical nature.
• Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
• Advanced technical skills, including operating system and software knowledge.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff and external contacts.
• Self-motivated, with a proven ability to learn quickly, multi-task and work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others, demonstrating significant initiative and self-motivation, to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Ability to appropriately delegate work to others to meet deadlines, goals and objectives, develop skills and knowledge of others, build capacity and productivity of department.
• Able to juggle multiple demands simultaneous and change course rapidly as priorities change.
• Knowledge of basic budgeting principles and the ability to track, organize, analyze and report financial data in a clear manner.
• Ability to safely lift, move and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.