Export Controls Associate
- 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Crowell & Moring LLP, a global Am Law 100 law firm, seeks a highly qualified Associate to join its International Trade practice group, working from the Washington, D.C. office.
Candidates must have 2-6 years of experience counseling clients with respect to U.S. export controls matters, with a particular emphasis on the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”).
The ideal candidate will have some experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Export classification, experience with encryption a plus, end use/user controls;
- Obtaining CCATS, advisory opinions export licenses;
- Experience with the impact of controls on non-US companies;
- Conducting and supervising party screening and due diligence;
- performing jurisdiction and classification analyses
- reviewing, preparing, and filing DDTC registrations; drafting license applications and Commodity Jurisdiction requests
- developing international trade compliance programs based on risk analysis;
- representing clients with respect to voluntary self-disclosures
- internal investigations related to export control concerns.
Prior work experience including performing M&A trade due diligence, economic sanctions and OFAC background, national security reviews by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S. (CFIUS), and mitigation of foreign ownership, control, or influence (FOCI mitigation) for cleared U.S. contractors, is also a plus.
All candidates should have excellent academic and professional credentials as well as highly developed analytical, communication and writing skills. Candidates must be members in good standing of the D.C. Bar or eligible to waive in.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, transcript and cover letter using the online application system.
SEARCH FIRMS: submissions from search firms will NOT be accepted by email and candidates must be submitted using our online job posting portal. Candidate introductions and/or materials submitted for this position via email will not be recognized by Crowell & Moring as a formal candidate submission. An active and countersigned fee agreement is required to ensure proper communication and handling of all non-partner attorney candidates.
Qualified candidates only. EOE m/f/d/v