- 3 Park Plaza, Irvine, CA 92614, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
Project Assistants are members of the Practice Support Department who assist paralegals, senior paralegals, case managers, and attorneys on various projects. They may be assigned to one or more of the firm’s practice groups. Project Assistants have the opportunity to expand their skills as they gain work experience. Project Assistants have a minimum billing requirement of 1600 hours per year.
· Assists with the maintenance of case files and documents.
· Assists with bates labeling and quality checking of document productions.
· Redacts confidential information from client documents (electronic and paper) in preparation for document production.
· Drafts, edits, and proofreads cover letters, administrative memos, and Word documents.
· Coordinates projects with other firm support departments or outside vendors as necessary.
· Prepares and maintains litigation databases and Excel spreadsheets.
· Performs searches in litigation databases and paper files.
· Assists in maintenance of practice group document libraries.
· Reviews and organizes case correspondence and pleadings.
· Performs basic legal and factual research (including paper and electronic sources).
· Proofreads pleadings, briefs, and other documents as required by practice group as requested.
· Assists with preparing filings for courts or government agencies.
· Prepares documents for depositions, hearings, and trials.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree.
No experience necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff and external contacts.
· Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
· Strong attention to detail, including superior spelling and grammar.
· Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts.
· Ability to work effectively, both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic, and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team goals.
· Ability to communicate information with tact and courtesy.
· Ability to follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys, and staff.
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
· Moderate typing skills.
· Ability to travel or work overtime as necessary.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.