- 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Crowell & Moring International LLC (C&M International or CMI) is a global government relations, public policy, and public affairs consulting firm that helps clients shape the international regulatory landscape to support innovation, sustainable growth, and commercial competitiveness. For more than thirty years, C&M International’s team of public policy experts, former trade negotiators, economists, and bio-medical scientists has worked with clients to resolve commercial and trade challenges, clear political hurdles, and shape policies and regulations in key international markets.
The Special Assistant and is responsible for preparing and managing day-to-day activities required for the President & CEO and designated CMI leadership team’s client strategy and public engagements as well as strategic initiatives and high priority projects.
The ideal candidate will provide support with scheduling, developing briefing materials, managing and evaluating inbound requests, research and writing for internal and external audiences and liaising with key stakeholders internally and externally.
Effective execution will require preparation for client engagements, fact-based research and writing skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects in collaboration with leaders within CMI and Crowell & Moring LLP.
• Assist with day-to-day support of the President & CEO’s engagements and meetings including briefing materials, presentations and memos.
• Evaluate and prioritize engagement requests and opportunities against the firm’s strategic priorities and identify business opportunities with leaders across the firm.
• Coordinate external engagements with clients, government officials, other stakeholders and thought leaders as well as internal engagements across the firm and with Crowell & Moring LLP.
• Serve as liaison between the CMI leadership team and key partners and oversee follow-up and develop new content.
• Assist with high priority projects and initiatives.
The Special Assistant will need to be accessible and support engagements outside of traditional business hours, including occasional evenings and weekends. This includes the ability to provide support from the U.S. for international engagements and business-related travel in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree.
The position requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a relevant field or related position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Effective collaborator and proven team player.
• Well organized with demonstrated and successful multi-tasking.
• Able to anticipate change and perform well under pressure.
• Strong writing skills.
• Keen interest and knowledge in US and international policy, government and business issues.
Crowell & Moring LLP and Crowell & Moring International LLC take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.