Paralegal, Claims Recovery
- 3 Park Plaza, Irvine, CA 92614, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Paralegal, Claims Recovery is assigned to the Antitrust Practice Group, and provides service and substantive support to the Claims Recovery team. Paralegals have a minimum billing requirement of 1600 hours per year.
• Researches publicly available information (company websites, financial statements, other web-based research); compiles, summarizes and reports findings.
• Drafts, edits and proofreads letters, memos and other correspondence and reports.
• Organizes, manages and updates client files/pleadings (electronic and paper copies).
• Provides substantive case management for assigned cases.
• Reviews and analyzes client files, data and documents to assist in the investigation of facts and claims preparation.
• Assists with preparation, filing and tracking of claims.
• Prepares for pitches and client meetings; reviews, obtains and analyzes client and industry background information.
• Drafts, edits and proofreads client pitches; assists with preparations for internal and client meetings.
• Assists with data collection and analysis.
• Indexes and summarizes documents relating to clients, cases and matters for the claims recovery team.
• Provides data entry support on litigation databases and Excel spreadsheets.
• Provides direction and guidance to practice support staff assigned to team.
• Contributes to team effort by achieving required results with accuracy and in a timely manner.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree.
The position requires a minimum of two (2) years of increasingly responsible, directly related legal or administrative experience, during which the knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position were demonstrated.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to apply technical knowledge or guidance, analyze and interpret data from several sources, solve problems by applying precedent or extrapolating from previous experience.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding matters of a routine nature requiring ordinary tact and courtesy.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment, including delegation as appropriate, to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Strong attention to detail, including superior spelling and grammar.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with attorneys and clients.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Suite to produce quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, slides, standard work documents.
• Moderate typing skills.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.