Claims Recovery Administrative Assistant
- 3 Park Plaza, Irvine, CA 92614, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
• Drafts routine correspondence, retention letters and emails, and compiles data into office-specific databases.
• Prepares all new matter paperwork to open cases.
• Tracks the status of all matters and prepares client authorizations upon request.
• Assists with creation, preparation and maintenance of claims information and status updates for various open matters.
• Researches publicly available information (company websites, financial statements, other web-based research). Compiles, summarizes and reports findings.
• Handles incoming/outgoing mail correspondence as needed and prepare any relevant materials necessary.
• Coordinates conferences, meetings, appointments and prepares necessary materials as needed, track invites and RSVP’s to department events
• Occasionally attends conferences (when requested) that are sponsored by the department.
• Coordinates travel arrangements by securing air, hotel and car reservations.
• Creates and maintains the filing system to ensure accuracy and efficient retrieval of data.
• Participates as needed in special department projects.
• Participates in training sessions regarding best practices and how to handle new projects.
• Coordinates with other administrative assistants to distribute work and ensure timeliness and accuracy.
The position requires a minimum High School Diploma or GED. Equivalent work experience in a corporate field/environment may be considered in lieu of some education. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
The position requires a minimum of zero (0) to two (2) years of corporate and/or administrative experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated. Additional education may be considered in lieu of some work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding office data.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Windows and MS suite of products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must possess a thorough command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Demonstrates the ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic, innovative, and friendly manner to accomplish position fucntions and participate in team efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities, to maintain a productive and committed work effort, and to deal with difficult situations and/or individuals, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Ability to accurately type 50+ words per minute.
• Ability to safely lift, move and carry items without assistance, weighing up to 20 lbs.
• Ability to work overtime hours as requested.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.