Business Development Coordinator
- 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Business Development (BD) Coordinator works closely with and provides support to assigned Managers and a Director, Practice Group Business Development and Management (PG BD&M), to manage and coordinate the day-to-day operations of assigned practice groups, working groups, and departments.
This position will work closely with other members of the PG BD&M, Marketing & Branding, Communications, and Client Development teams to ensure their initiatives support firm priorities and help drive overall firm strategy.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Supports ongoing business development efforts and initiatives.
- Assists with the preparation of marketing collateral, client pitches, proposals, RFP responses, and presentations.
- Assists with drafting, editing and filing ranking submissions (e.g., Chambers).
- Provides logistical support for client development events, such as seminars and webinars.
- Assists with coordination of client alerts, blogs, podcasts, and newsletters and related tasks.
- Assists with the development of agendas, and prepares and circulates meeting summaries. Helps to identify and execute on concrete actions discussed during meetings.
- Maintains practice group intranet site and repository of administrative and business development information.
- Enters practice group data into various knowledge management systems, including business development tracker, experience manager and InterAction, the firm’s CRM.
- Assists with firm-wide and practice group special projects, as needed.
- Assists with running financial queries and reports.
- Assists with preparing and monitoring practice group expense budgets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to track, organize, and report financial data in a clear manner.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
- Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts. Requires sound judgment with respect to confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff and vendors.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and capable of producing quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, slides and other standard work documents.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize new software programs and tools.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of law firm business development or marketing experience, or a similar role related to the knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to this position.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.