Practice Technology Project Manager
- 3 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Practice Technology Project Manager acts as one of the primary points of contact throughout the discovery lifecycle. Daily tasks are coordinated and monitored by the Assistant Manager Practice Technology with guidance and leadership provided by senior members of the department. Project Managers apply in-depth knowledge and experience to provide expert consultation and advice on discovery technology and best practices. Working with Crowell & Moring approved vendors, Project Managers collaborate, develop, execute and manage the technical requirements as required by the case team.
• Acts as point of contact with litigation support vendors for cases. Logs, documents, and maintains files on all communications with litigation support vendors.
• Logs all technical decisions related to management of the litigation support project.
• Logs, documents and maintains files on all requests from case teams. Collaborates with Senior Practice Technology Project Managers to provide consultation and recommendations to case teams on best practices in case automation and project management.
• Advises, trains and assists case teams in the use of litigation systems.
• Coordinates technical work with vendors.
• Provides quality control regarding all aspects of technical work on electronic discovery projects.
• As required by the case team, searches databases, prints reports, prepares custom reports and logs, modifies and codes data, prints and organizes images.
• Coordinates production of electronic documents in consultation vendors
• Monitors and keeps up-to-date all litigation support tracking databases.
• Consults with case teams to effectively develop and apply technical strategies, requirements and goals in order to develop and implement eDiscovery Project Plans including data collection, processing, document production and trial.
• Develops and adheres to firm protocol to properly document eDiscovery project plans including workflows, role and task assignments, estimates, time tables and process improvements.
• Consults with client's general counsel and their Information Technology group regarding technical and logistical issues related to eDiscovery.
• Develops cost estimates and advises on maximizing efficiencies and cost reductions.
• Works closely with the legal team to help develop, manage and automate the technical components of trial preparation.
• Develops eDiscovery data processing and production specifications for vendors and/or analysts to meet legal requirements.
• Leads planning and implementation of Practice Technology’s internal operational initiatives for process improvement and standardization.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education. JD, MBA and/or PMP preferred. The following certifications are preferred:
• Project Management Professional
• Relativity Administration Certification.
The position requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly related experience managing litigation support projects during which knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position were demonstrated.
Experience in a law firm environment preferred
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.