Electronic Billing Coordinator
- 3 Park Plaza, Irvine, CA 92614, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Electronic Billing (eBilling) Coordinator completes all processes related to the electronic exchange of billing and other information between the firm and its clients. The eBilling Coordinator will work directly with the firm’s clients and with personnel across all of the firm’s offices and at various levels throughout the organization.
• Manages client implementations on applicable electronic billing systems. Effectively communicates to appropriate firm personnel the timeline for implementation and the specific electronic billing system requirements.
• Addresses and responds to questions on electronic billing issues. Follows through to ensure questions are satisfactorily addressed.
• Understands and ensures compliance with the requirements of all of the electronic billing systems the firm currently uses and effectively communicates those requirements to the appropriate firm personnel.
• Researches and tracks the ongoing status of electronic invoices from submission to acceptance, and interacts with various groups to expedite the acceptance of electronic invoices. Identifies, researches, and troubleshoots rejected invoices and other issues.
• Monitors new timekeepers for the electronic billing clients of the firm, ensures the new timekeepers are accepted in a timely manner, and follows up as necessary to resolve any issues. Collaborates with the Pricing group to get the correct rates for new timekeepers and submits for approval through the electronic billing system.
• Reviews new matters and provide quality control to ensure all relevant electronic billing information is properly entered into the billing system to ensure that invoices are successfully submitted electronically. Follows up with Billing team partners, secretaries, and clients, as appropriate, to obtain the required information.
• Documents each client’s rate submission process. Assesses process for improvements and possible efficiencies. Develops a proficiency in submitting rates to each client.
• Assists with the annual firm-wide rate submittal process for eBilling clients. Works with the Pricing team to submit new rates to the client eBilling systems.
• Manages client eBilling setup/onboarding. Works with the Pricing team in reviewing and assessing the electronic billing requirements within client’s Outside Counsel Guidelines, and communicates requirements to the Billing team and other parties for accurate submission of electronic invoices.
• Assists the Billing team in troubleshooting electronic billing issues.
• Manages appeals and collaborates with Billing Attorneys to resolve the issues.
• Generates eBillingHub reports as needed to monitor eBilling status of invoices on a weekly basis. Keeps Assistant Manager and Manager , Billing apprised of issues.
• Works with the eBillingHub and eBilling Vendors to resolve electronic billing problems.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of three (3) years of eBilling/billing experience in a law firm or professional services firm.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients.
• Demonstrated ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding matters of a routine nature.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to prepare analysis of complex issues and information.
• Advanced knowledge of eBilling vendors, eBillingHub, including troubleshooting and resolving problems.
• Advanced knowledge of various Legal Electronic Data Exchange Standard (LEDES) billing formats (specifications, limitations, etc.)
• Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Windows applications.
Crowell & Moring LLP and C&M International offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP and C&M International participates in the E-Verify program.