Diversity and Inclusion Assistant
- 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Diversity & Inclusion Assistant will work closely with the Chief Talent and Inclusion Officer and the Assistant Manager of Diversity & Inclusion to help implement the firm’s various diversity and inclusion initiatives. This role will be responsible for assisting with the execution of relevant programming, training, and other firm strategies to continue fostering an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace for all firm personnel.
• Provides administrative support for diversity and inclusion initiatives, as set by the Chief Talent and Inclusion Officer (e.g., heritage month recognitions and celebrations, Mansfield Rule participation, diversity speaker series events, bi-annual diversity retreat, DEI coffee hours, etc.), and assists the Assistant Manager of Diversity & Inclusion with executing relevant strategies, which benefit both attorneys and staff.
• Schedules, attends, and takes notes for the Diversity Council and Diversity Council Steering Committee meetings, affinity group meetings (full groups and leadership), LCLD firm alumni and participant meetings, and relevant diversity and inclusion events or programming.
• Provides administrative support for tracking expenses charged to the Diversity Council budget, and provides monthly budget reports to the Assistant Manager of Diversity & Inclusion.
• Updates and maintains various sections of the diversity & inclusion intranet and website pages (including the events calendar, language on programs and partnerships, photo galleries, affinity group leadership pages, relevant articles, etc.).
• Provides administrative support for the Assistant Manager of Diversity & Inclusion with the communication of the firm’s diversity and inclusion commitment and activities, through the firm’s annual diversity report and other publications, and in response to RFPs and other client inquiries.
• In support of the Assistant Manager of Diversity & Inclusion, compiles and organizes data and responses to industry and client surveys regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion; professional development; and recruiting, and in compliance with the firm’s participation in the Mansfield Rule initiative.
• Assists with other diversity, equity, and inclusion needs as necessary.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
The position requires a minimum of 1 year of related experience in a law firm or similar professional services environment, during which the knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding both routine and complex matters. Requires tact, professionalism, patience, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing. This includes editing work for spelling, grammar, and data accuracy with high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to own, organize, and prioritize multiple projects from start to finish in a dynamic and complex environment, meeting and proactively communicating around deadlines, and successfully managing the daily workload.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Suite, to produce quality written and numerical communications, including presentations and complex functions of Excel.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a cooperative manner and independently, to accomplish work in a timely manner, and participate in team efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to represent the firm with professionalism and honesty, take pride in their work and the broader DEI mission, and consistently act in an ethical manner.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.