- 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The SharePoint Architect is a key player on the Applications Development Team, partnering with the firm’s legal and operational teams to support the firm in development and maintenance of the firm’s Intranet and custom applications; as well as to optimize the use of SharePoint to meet the firm’s business needs and encourage collaboration. The Architect provides full-cycle application design and development, from planning to delivery, documentation, troubleshooting, and providing end-user training. The Architect takes leadership of their projects, is fully aware of SharePoint-related applications currently employed by the firm, and is capable of troubleshooting all application related issues.
• Takes the lead role in implementing SharePoint across the firm utilizing an extensive knowledge of environment design, architecture, and infrastructure best practices.
• Maintains, updates, and implements full life-cycle management of the Intranet content and sites. Acts as a liaison and resource to applicable site contacts, legal teams and administrative departments.
• Leads Intranet application design discussions, development and implementation, including suggesting user interface, design, and application workflow.
• Uses SharePoint features/functionality, as well as custom developed applications, to deliver business solutions to meet the business needs of the firm.
• Designs and implements SharePoint app parts, PowerApps, Power Automate, and security.
• Performs content updates and enhancements to SharePoint sites using app parts and applications.
• Creates, manages and removes SharePoint sites, permissions, pages, document libraries, lists, app parts and applications as appropriate.
• Makes recommendations to management on ways to increase quality and efficiency of services and applications.
• Prepares change requests for production system changes and provides documentation, tracking, and monitoring for change requests.
• Maintains documentation of updates or improvements for system and business process documentation, standard operating procedures and related user guides.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of four (4) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated. The position also requires:
• Advanced technical experience with Microsoft 365, PowerApps, and Power Automate. SPFx development technology experience preferred.
• Experience with administration, configuration and development support of SharePoint sites.
• Experience developing, designing and testing PowerApps and Power Automate workflows.
• Experience managing permission groups for SharePoint including managing access requests and applying the appropriate level access.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to lead the development of new initiatives and/or completion of large-scale application implementations utilizing project management processes, techniques, and tools.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing throughout the organization, including management, members of the partnership, and senior leadership.
Crowell & Moring LLP and C&M International offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP and C&M International participates in the E-Verify program.