Senior Business Development Coordinator
- 590 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10022, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Senior Business Development (BD) Coordinator works closely with and supports assigned practice groups, working groups, and departments on all business development initiatives. The Senior BD Coordinator may report to a Director and/or a Manager of Practice Group Business Development & Management (PGBDM). This role varies depending on specific assignments but typically serves as a point of contact for the day-to-day operations of a number of practice and/or working groups, and carries out responsibilities outlined below for assigned groups. He/she may have a specialized role benefitting the overall department, in addition to practice-specific responsibilities.
This position will work closely with other members of the PGBDM, Marketing & Branding, Communications and Client Development teams to ensure their initiatives support firm priorities and help drive overall firm strategy.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
• Partners with group leaders and assigned directors and managers to contribute to and assist in the development and execution of strategic plans to drive business development.
• Drafts pitches and proposals, including firm responses to formal RFPs.
• Drafts, edits and submits ranking submissions (e.g. Chambers, Law360).
• Plays a key role in the development of group website content and marketing collateral.
• Plans and ensures the successful execution of client development events, such as seminars and webinars.
• Contributes ideas to increase brand awareness and profile, including driving outward facing activities such as sponsored events, in-house presentations, professional speaking opportunities, articles and media interviews.
• Supports attorneys with client alerts, blogs, podcasts and newsletters.
• Initiates and analyzes client, market, competitor and industry research to inform business development strategies.
• Working in collaboration with practice group leadership and the business development manager/director, develops agendas for meetings and prepares and circulates meeting summaries. Helps to identify and execute on concrete actions discussed during meetings.
• Maintains group intranet site and repository of administrative and business development information.
• Enters practice group data into various knowledge management systems, including business development tracker, experience manager and InterAction, the firm’s CRM.
• Assists with firm-wide and group special projects, as needed.
• Manages and tracks business development budgets.
• Participates in new attorney integration.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of two to four (2-4) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities were demonstrated.
Direct experience in a law firm or professional services environment in any professional capacity preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Basic knowledge of and familiarity with legal and business environments.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Sound judgment with respect to confidential and sensitive information and persuasion in gaining the cooperation of others.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff and vendors.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and capable of producing quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, slides, and other standard work documents.
• Knowledge of basic accounting and budgeting principles and ability to monitor and manage budgets within established limits, analyze financial data and draw accurate conclusions.
• Ability to quickly learn and utilize new software programs and tools.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.