Professional Development Assistant
- 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
The Professional Development Assistant assists with all administrative functions in the Talent & Inclusion department and works closely with colleagues throughout the department.
• Provides administrative support for the attorney evaluation and promotion processes including annual and mid-year reviews, which includes assembly and supervision of duplication of comprehensive documentation, meeting coordination, communication and other administrative needs.
• Provides administrative support for attorney and staff training programs, including, but not limited to supporting assembly and distribution of program materials, and providing coordination for video-conference programs including audio-visual, conference room scheduling, room set-up, catering departments and trouble-shooting.
• Provides administrative support for new attorney orientation and onboarding. Works with Professional Development team to coordinate first year orientation schedules and implement integration procedures for all associate and counsel hires.
• Maintains and updates associate files and processes attorney personnel changes (e.g. compensation, address, termination and practice group changes).
• Works with Diversity & Inclusion team on Mansfield reporting, client data requests, and other survey related needs, of the Talent & Inclusion team.
• Works with the Professional Development and Diversity & Inclusion teams to compile various internally and externally facing marketing and promotions materials, including program invitations, training announcements, and diverse heritage month notables, among others.
• Schedules and attends planning meetings and conference calls among team members, participates in team meetings, and communicates continuously.
• Works independently and within a team on ongoing and special nonrecurring projects.
• Coordinates Zoom, Skype, AV and IT program needs for all firm locations.
• Provides general administrative support for the Chief Talent & Inclusion Office and the Talent & Inclusion Team.
• Assists on special projects and other duties as assigned.
• May require overtime.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of MS suite to produce quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, slides, and standard work documents.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff, vendors and the public. Ability to edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively, and interpret written information.
• Demonstrated ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding matters of a routine nature. Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements. Ability to pay close attention to detail and communicate effectively around deadlines and other priorities. Ability to accept feedback and to manage challenging conversations.
• Ability to represent the firm with honesty, integrity, and professionalism, consistently acting in an ethical manner.
The position requires a High School Diploma or GED. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires one year of increasingly responsible administrative support experience during which the knowledge, skills and abilities were demonstrated. Experience in a law firm is preferred.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.