Graphic Design and Branding Specialist
- 590 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10022, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Graphic Design Specialist is responsible for designing, developing and producing branded materials in support of firm, practice, market, industry and other initiatives. This candidate will work closely with members of the client development and practice management department, as well as firm lawyers and firm leadership, to support branding and design project needs, provide creative custom designs that are consistent with firm standards, and support a firm-wide roll-out of a refreshed brand platform. This position will work collaboratively with the Director, Marketing Technology & Operations, and the Graphic Design Manager to ensure adherence to firm brand standards across all internal and external business, marketing and communications print materials and visual applications.
The Graphic Design Specialist will implement creative and production workflows, processes, tools and communication approach designed to deliver on-time, on-brand and on-budget creative assets (design, graphics, video, animation, etc.). The ideal candidate must possess strong design skills, work well in a team environment, have demonstrated project management experience and operate with a high degree of self-motivation.
• Implements the firm’s brand through the creation of high-quality print and digital content.
• Helps to maintain and enforce the firm’s visual style guidelines to promote brand consistency.
• Working within an established workflow platform, ensures that projects are well-managed and well-coordinated and that they are delivered on time.
• Designs, facilitates and project manages the production of firm marketing materials, including advertisements, brochures, publications, sell sheets, and newsletters.
• Designs graphics and animations in support of the web and digital services team, including for crowell.com, firm branded apps, social media, and e-mail, podcast and webinar marketing campaigns.
• Designs graphics and collateral materials for firm-sponsored and hosted events, including posters, programs, publications and invitations (in print and electronic formats).
• Develops brand consistent unique logos for internal firm initiatives.
• Develops infographics that effectively communicate complex information through data visualization.
• Formats and adds design elements to presentations and pitch/proposal materials.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with outside vendors, including commercial printers, freelancers, and photographers. Requests estimates, handles proof approvals from printers, and manages expectations between vendors and internal clients.
• Sources and evaluates stock photography and manages an image library, keeping it relevant and organized for full team use.
• Works directly with publications, sponsorship entities and other outside parties to submit projects as needed.
The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent training and experience in lieu of formal education. It is expected that a portfolio of work will be provided during the interview process.
This position requires three-five (3-5) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
• Basic knowledge of HTML and online layouts/WYSIWYG editors.
• Proficiency in PDF creation (including interactive) and manipulation (Acrobat Pro or via firm PDF software, Nuance).
• Proficiency in MS suite, specifically Word and PowerPoint as it relates to creating, editing, formatting and troubleshooting templates.
• Applicable knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Experience with print production.
• Ability to use FTP (file transfer protocol) for web uploading.
• Understanding of graphic design in a PC environment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong oral/written communication skills.
• Strong editing skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated experience managing projects from start to finish and delivering high quality work product on time and in accordance with defined expectations.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment.
• Creative problem-solver.