International Trade Case Coordinator
- 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
We are Crowell & Moring.
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With more than 500 lawyers based in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Trade Case Coordinator’s substantive focus will involve the preparation and filing of the federal court and agency administrative documents, tracking court case and administrative case developments, and the maintenance of documents for all matters related to U.S. antidumping and countervailing duty investigations. The case manager will also track, file, and maintain documents related to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP), US International Trade Administration (ITA), US International Trade Commission (USITC), US Trade Representative (USTR) as well as the US Court of International Trade (USCIT), and the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (USCAFC).
• Assist lawyers and trade analysts with the finalization and filing of all manner of documents at the ITA and USITC related to U.S. antidumping and countervailing duty (AD/CVD) investigations via the ACCESS and EDIS systems, respectively.
• Monitor case developments at both the ITA and USITC via ACCESS and EDIS.
• Maintain electronic and paper files for AD/CVD cases, USCIT cases, and USCAFC matters in a clear and organized manner.
• Analyze, identify, monitor, and conduct regular internal records management and administrative document archiving reviews and evaluations
• Under the direction of lawyers or analysts, interact regularly with other law firms, vendors, and government agency employees.
One year (1) of experience with any of the following (education will be considered in lieu of experience):
• Familiarity with ITA, USITC document and filing procedures, to include experience with ACCESS and EDIS.
• Familiarity with documents and filing procedures at the USCIT and/or USCAFC.
• Understanding of CBP documents and filing requirements, to include the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE).
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to provide excellent client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding matters of a complex nature. Requires attention to detail, patience, creativity, and discretion.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS suite to produce quality written communications such as memos, slides, and standard work documents.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel to independently produce spreadsheets and reports.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet long term deadlines and daily requirements.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as effectively with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.