Assistant Manager, Lateral Attorney Recruiting
- 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
We are Crowell & Moring.
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With more than 500 lawyers based in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Assistant Manager, Lateral Attorney Recruiting will manage and administer the lateral associate, counsel and professional track recruitment process in the Washington, DC Office.
• Manages all aspects of the full-cycle lateral recruitment process for DC associate, counsel and professional track attorney candidates, ensuring a first-rate experience for all candidates. Assists with managing and executing lateral searches for NY and CA offices when overflow support is needed.
• Partners with practice group leaders to determine lateral hiring needs and establish creative avenues to effectively and efficiently fill positions with top talent.
• Communicates effectively and responsively with candidates and internal practice group leaders and attorneys on all aspects of the recruitment process.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with legal search firms and other external recruitment sources. Circulates internal referral emails; utilizes alumni network, diverse attorney organizations and LinkedIn Recruiter to advertise needs and source lateral attorney talent.
• Develops diverse talent pipelines, alternative strategic recruitment methods and firm-wide processes and procedures to effectively and efficiently fill positions with top-rate talent.
• Analyzes, compiles, and updates various demographic lateral recruitment data reports.
• Manages and coordinates all DC associate/counsel orientation and onboarding processes; conduct new hire follow-up and identify areas of improvement to orientation effectiveness and efficiency.
• Leads and manages the overhaul of the lateral associate/counsel orientation process for all offices; updates schedule and process templates, works with internal departments and external vendors to create videos and electronic training materials, assists with training other AR team members on new process, working with HRIS Manager ensure onboarding database processes are current, efficient and effective.
• Maintains and updates lateral recruitment content on firm intranet site, LinkedIn page, external website and other related marketing materials.
• Manage communication process of lateral recruiting policies, procedures and information to firm-wide recruiting team; assist with managing compliance and recruiting team training of firm-wide policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with lateral recruitment budget. Reviews and approves lateral candidate and interview expense reports and makes annual budget recommendations.
• Stays current and informed on legal industry recruitment best practices, trends and news; is an active member of local legal recruitment organization and NALP.
• Attends and assists with facilitating recruiting committee meetings and department meetings.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree.
The position requires a minimum of five (5) years of professional recruitment experience with increasing levels of responsibility in a law firm, law school, legal recruitment agency, or similar professional services organization is required. Must have at least one (1) year of experience managing and training a direct report. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience with lateral attorney recruitment in a large law firm setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff, and external candidates/clients.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment demonstrating reliability, dependability and flexibility are essential.
• Must be able to work occasional extended hours during busy periods and travel when needed.
• Advanced technical skills and expertise in candidate tracking platforms, electronic presentations (PowerPoint or equivalent), data presentation (Excel or equivalent) and social media, plus the ability to adapt and learn new technology and software.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload to manage multiple responsibilities and changing priorities. Must be able to work independently and effectively delegate and supervise junior team members to ensure accurate and timely workflow.
• Demonstrated ability to provide quality client service on routine and complex matters with internal and external contacts (candidates, attorneys, search firm professionals and all levels of firm professional staff).
• Ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.