Temporary Research and Public Affairs Associate
- 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Crowell & Moring International LLC (C&M International or CMI) is a global government relations, public policy, and public affairs consulting firm that helps clients shape the international regulatory landscape to support innovation, sustainable growth, and commercial competitiveness. For more than thirty years, C&M International’s team of public policy experts, former trade negotiators, economists, and bio-medical scientists has worked with clients to resolve commercial and trade challenges, clear political hurdles, and shape policies and regulations in key international markets.
C&M International seeks motivated candidates to start this fall as a paid, temporary research and public affairs associate to assist with C&M International’s work on global trade, health, digital transformation and regulatory policy. The position requires the commitment to work 40 hours a week, 5 days a week, working primarily with CMI personnel in the Washington, DC area. Research associates will be paid hourly. All work will be remote at this time due to national and regional health considerations, with the potential opportunity to become in-person in the future if and when conditions allow. The position is open to candidates who can work remotely from locations across the U.S. with the ability to work such hours as align with projects and work with East Coast-based colleagues.
The candidate hired into this position will assume several responsibilities that include:
• Conducting research on trade, health and other international policies and writing memoranda for clients, internal and external use
• Closely monitoring developments on international trade, health, digital transformation and other major economic policies
• Attending think tank events, Congressional hearings, and industry meetings and producing summary reports for external and internal use
• Tracking key developments and activities among industry, civil society partners and associated firms to assess potential opportunities for public engagement
• Preparing for and supporting engagements between business executives, top government officials, and civil society leaders in the United States and around the world
• Drafting and creating well-written and compelling content for the company’s public engagements, including the company’s social media accounts, newsletters, client alerts and media activity.
Research associates will have opportunities to contribute strategic ideas to global policy and public affairs work at C&M International and are considered an integral part of the C&M International team.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, organized, resourceful, and tenacious in their research and public affairs engagements. The position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, with an understanding of how this is communicated to internal and external audiences.
Candidates must have a track record of strong academic achievement and a demonstrated interest in international trade, health policy, digital, economic policy, public affairs and/or global affairs. Graduate students in related fields are preferred, but applications from accomplished junior and senior undergraduates are also welcomed.
Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Proficiency in additional language(s), such as Mandarin Chinese or Spanish, is a plus.
Instructions for Interested Candidates:
Interested candidates should submit a one-page cover letter, one-page resume, and a 1-2 page writing sample by email to Katherine Nunner ([email protected]) with "Fall 2020 RA Application" in the subject field. This position will be filled on a rolling basis.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.