Client Account Specialist
- 1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Client Account Specialist manages and processes Accounts Receivable write-offs, accruals; inputs budgets and, client invoices for assigned attorneys and provides support for processes related to electronic billing.
• Manages Accrual Process for all clients. Acts as liaison between Attorneys, Clients, Billing Coordinator and Legal Project Management to prepare and submit accruals for electronic billing clients.
• Works with Attorneys, Legal Project Management, and Billing Coordinator to prepare and submit budgets for electronic billing clients.
• Manages and processes Accounts Receivable Write-offs; monitors and reports on Write-down/Write-off Approvals; liaises with CFO and Billing Attorney for missing Write-down/Write-off Approvals. Responsible for all billing aspects for assigned attorneys, including preparation and processing of client invoices, as well as ensuring the invoices are mailed, emailed, or submitted electronically to the eBillingHub or third-party vendor e-billing portals.
• Ensures client invoices are prepared in compliance with client billing guidelines and regulations and billings are prepared in accordance with the firm’s billing policy.
• Ensures billing issues, including deductions, accounts receivable and client concerns. are monitored and resolved timely; provide submission and problem-solving assistance where needed.
• Documents the procedures related to special client billing arrangements.
• Assists in retrieving invoice backup per client requirements.
• Provides billing compliance training recommendations and feedback to billing management to improve the end-to-end billing process.
• Provides assistance to administrative assistants, secretaries and attorneys with the firm’s billing procedures and accounting software.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly related billing experience to include processing invoices, preferably with a law firm using Elite accounting software and electronic billing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff, vendors, and client contacts.
• Ability to provide quality customer service to both internal and external contacts regarding complex billing and e-billing matters.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and professional manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize highly detailed work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Knowledge of ebilling vendors, eBillingHub. Experience with an automated financial management system such as Elite Enterprise.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MS suite of products such as Word and Excel.
• Demonstrated skill in operating standard office equipment, including desktop computer, calculator, telephone, etc.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.