- 1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Budget (Financial) Analyst assists in developing, managing, and achieving the firm’s financial goals. The position interacts with administrative and firm-wide management to assist in preparing annual plans and to provide reports and analysis of monthly financial results.
• Analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to ensure financial information has been recorded accurately and directs appropriate action steps if errors are uncovered.
• Manages triaging of necessary information for all month end reporting functions.
• Assists in monthly variance process and updates to rolling twelve month forecast.
• Manages sub-processes, specifically practice group and committee spending, as part of the firm annual budget preparation at designated departmental and office levels.
• Participates in compilation and analysis of financial information for all offices as well as competitive benchmarking within the law firm industry leveraging the analyst’s current market knowledge base.
• Develops integrated revenue and expense analyses, reports, annual projections and develops presentations to aid in strategic decision making.
• Prepares monthly financial review summary reports for senior management providing recommendations for areas of performance improvement.
• Assists in responding to quarterly and yearly external surveys.
• Performs ad hoc analysis and reporting, as needed.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other Business-related field.
The position requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position were attained.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated knowledge of MS suite of products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Knowledge of IBM Cognos TM1, Big Square or SQL is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys and staff.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Flexibility to work overtime hours on occasion due to project time sensitivity.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.