Project Manager, Practice Innovation
- 1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
We are Crowell & Moring
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With more than 500 lawyers based in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Project Manager, Practice Innovation reports to the Senior Director, Practice Innovation and supports the firm’s practice innovation initiatives. The Project Manager supports the implementation and maintenance of innovative technology solutions and enhanced processes for the delivery of efficient legal services and client value. The Project Manager acts as the primary point of contact for internal and external clients and vendors with respect to certain practice technology platforms.
· Maintains a current awareness and keeps the firm apprised of emerging technology tools (such as artificial intelligence, expert systems and cognitive tools) and solutions for the delivery of efficient legal services. Researches and evaluates such tools and solutions and makes technology selection recommendations.
· Manages the implementation of certain practice technology-related platforms and software; effectively coordinates internal stakeholders in areas of IS, Practice Technology, Research Services, Marketing, and other firm departments; Drives project deadlines, schedules and efficiency.
· Coordinates pilot and proof of concept programs, including drafting specifications, evaluating software, and testing of new practice innovation applications and platforms.
· Manages practice innovation and KM projects and develops standard processes, procedures and reports for such projects under the practice innovation program. Tracks metrics for adoption and usage.
· Creates and maintains internal practice innovation resource content and external website presence relating to the firm’s practice innovation initiatives.
· Works alongside attorneys, clients and vendors to build and refine practice innovation solutions. Provide ongoing support for deployed solutions and serve as point of contact for troubleshooting inquiries.
· Serves as liaison between vendors and clients (internal and external) and manages solving vendor management and client satisfaction issues.
· Builds and maintains relationships with in-house legal teams to socialize the benefits of practice innovation solutions in improving their legal operations and service delivery to their businesses.
· Maintain and update databases with key data points, information, documents, and metrics relating to practice innovation projects and initiatives.
· Supports training programs, templates, and self-help resources for successful attorney adoption of practice innovation solutions.
· Assist in development and provide demonstrations and presentations to practice groups and other staff members on practice innovation projects, applications and tools.
· Assist in the design of marketing campaigns to promote and grow the firm’s practice innovation tools, solutions and initiatives.
· Coordinates logistics for meetings, assists with the development of agendas, and prepares and circulates meeting summaries.
· Serves as primary point of contact for certain practice technology platforms.
· Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative and collaborative manner.
· Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts.
· Highly organized with an ability to prioritize shifting work projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Superior communication skills, both oral and written, include the ability to translate information between technical personnel and end users.
· Comfortable with making presentations to small and/or large groups in an effective manner.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and capable of producing quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, slides and other standard work documents.
· General digital and tech-savviness and social media acumen.
· Sound judgment with respect to confidential and sensitive information.
· Strong appetite and aptitude to learn new technologies develop innovative solutions and deliver compelling messaging. Ability to quickly learn and utilize new software programs and tools.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree. Quantitative or technical majors are preferred, but not required.
The position requires a minimum of three (3) to four (4) years of increasingly responsible, related experience during which the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities were demonstrated.
Direct experience in a law firm or professional services environment in any professional capacity preferred.
Knowledge and experience with solutions such as HighQ, Sharepoint, Data Visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI), design software (e.g. InDesign) is preferred. Familiarity with advanced legal technologies such as automated document assembly, expert systems, predictive analytics, and machine learning is a plus.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.