Senior Manager, Business Development
- 3 Park Plaza, Irvine, CA 92614, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Senior Business Development Manager will develop and implement strategies to elevate the profile of the offices, practices, and attorneys in California to drive brand recognition and business growth. The Senior Business Development Manager will identify and execute strategies and signature programs to educate, inform, and strengthen client relationships and will facilitate connections among attorneys to help capitalize on business opportunities.
The position can be based at our OC or LA offices.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
Business Development and Marketing
• Develop and execute marketing and business plans for the Los Angeles, Orange County and San Francisco offices.
• Develop strategies and approaches to facilitate collaborative business development, branding and strategic involvement in the legal and business communities.
• Secure and distribute market intelligence to further inform business development, branding and recruiting initiatives and to capitalize on opportunities that align with the firm’s strategic priorities.
• Capitalize on opportunities to work across offices to facilitate client growth and new client development initiatives.
• Engage with California attorneys to assist with integrating their business plans and aligning their initiatives with the broader plans and priorities of the firm.
• Manage and implement signature client development programs in California.
• Support client service teams as assigned.
• Research and identify organizations, events and Boards that align with each office’s strategic priorities. Develop a plan for maximizing on attorney involvement.
• Maintain and distribute a calendar of important local and regional events, including detail on attorney involvement, on a monthly basis.
• Ensure that tables at events that the firm is sponsoring are filled appropriately.
• Serve as a brand ambassador for the firm at events and become involved in organizations that will help support the firm’s strategic objectives in the three California markets.
• Work with the Senior Director, Business Development and practice leadership to implement lateral integration plans for new partners in the California offices.
• Identify opportunities for expert commentary, as well as promotion of client successes.
• Identify publishing and speaking opportunities that align with the profile-raising objectives of the practices represented in the California offices in coordination with the firm’s communications team.
• Contribute to the establishment of priorities for the PR firm supporting the California offices and identify timely opportunities to feature firm attorneys in media stories. Provide input on results and effectiveness.
• Work with the communications team to develop submissions for awards that are of strategic importance.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree. A JD, MBA or other related advanced degree may substitute for required experience.
The position requires a minimum of eight (8) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated.
Experience in the direct supervision of others on a regular basis preferred. Direct experience in a law firm or professional services environment in a professional capacity preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong business and marketing acumen, including the ability to leverage research and competitive intelligence to identify business opportunities and support go-to-market strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization and work both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and external clients/personnel at all levels.
• Experience with content creation and messaging development.
• Strong knowledge of and familiarity with legal and business environments.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Orange County, Los Angeles and San Francisco markets.
• Demonstrated knowledge of CRM systems and experience management databases.
• Must be willing to travel regularly among the firm’s three California offices.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.