Senior Manager, Business Development
- 590 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10022, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to cultivate business with current and prospective clients, as well as elevate the profile of the New York office. The position will report to the Senior Director, Business Development and operate as a strategic advisor to the Office Managing Partner.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop strategies and approaches to facilitate collaborative business development, branding and targeted community outreach.
• Develop and execute a NY office business plan.
• Develop informative agendas for NY partner meetings.
• Assist in developing and implementing practice group strategies to cultivate business with current and prospective clients.
• Strategize and develop high quality, tailored pitch materials and responses to RFPs.
• Regularly develop compelling practice area content to reflect recent developments and enhanced capabilities.
• Work with practice leadership and other business development team members supporting the practice to develop an annual business plan.
• Work with firm lawyers to develop individual practice plans and support key initiatives.
• Conduct client, prospect, industry, competitor and market research/analysis to inform targeted business development efforts.
• Identify and execute on cross-selling opportunities.
• Work with the Senior Director, Business Development, and practice leadership to implement lateral integration plans for partners in the New York office.
• Work with the firm’s communications team to effectively identify opportunities for expert commentary, as well as the promotion of client successes. In addition, help to identify publishing and speaking opportunities that align with the profile-raising objectives of the practice groups.
• Develop practice group award submissions for publications like Chambers.
• Develop systems to help track progress on practice priorities.
• Collect matter data for inclusion in the firm’s experience database.
• Assist with the coordination of practice group events, sponsorships, advertisements and speaking engagements.
• Coordinate with business development team members to support client events in the New York office.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree. A JD, MBA or other related advanced degree may substitute for the required experience.
The position requires a minimum of eight (8) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated.
Experience in the direct supervision of others on a regular basis preferred. Direct experience in a law firm or professional services environment in a professional capacity preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong business and marketing acumen, including the ability to leverage research and competitive intelligence to identify business opportunities and support go-to-market strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization and work both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and external clients/personnel at all levels.
• Strong knowledge of and familiarity with legal and business environments.
• Demonstrated knowledge of CRM systems and experience management databases.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.