Administrative Support Specialist (Legal Document Specialist)
- 1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
We are Crowell & Moring
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With more than 500 lawyers based in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Administrative Support Specialist is accountable for providing administrative support and customer service to the attorneys and secretaries in order to meet critical deadlines within established guidelines.
• Assists with creating, editing, formatting and troubleshooting legal documents, using various programs, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Proofreads documents to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation and correct formatting. Returns work to Administrative Support Secretary for final proof and return to the attorney.
• Assists with scanning, comparing and converting documents.
• Assists with digital document transcription.
• Assists with various on-going Departmental tasks.
• Provides limited support to Client Services Secretaries as needed.
• Inputs and finalizes attorney time into timekeeping system as needed.
• Enters billing edits into Elite as needed.
• Prepares travel and expense reimbursements for submission to the Accounting Department as needed. Returns all original receipts to the requestor.
• Inputs and updates business contacts in Outlook and firm database as needed.
• Assists with scan and copy jobs.
• Creates CD/DVDs and prepares labels.
• Creates and assembles binders.
• Coordinates client mailings and distributions, as needed.
• Supports/covers Reception as needed.
• Coordinates travel arrangements by securing air, hotel and car reservations for attorneys as assigned.
• Coordinates conferences, meetings, appointments, and preparation of materials as assigned.
• Maintains a calendar of meetings, business trips, and upcoming events as assigned.
• Maintains electronic filing systems in compliance with firm guidelines and office policy to ensure accurate and efficient retrieval of data.
• Receives and screens telephone calls in a manner consistent with office policy and attorney preference. Provides telephone assistance and replies to incoming requests through team d-list.
• Coordinates projects with secretaries, service departments and outside vendors, as appropriate.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
The position requires a AA/BA/BS degree or equivalent specialized training.
The position requires a minimum of two (2) years of related experience. Legal administrative experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated intermediate level knowledge of MS suite of products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Word Styles, Track Changes, Table of Contents, Table of Authorities, Elite, Carpe Diem, Interaction, and Chrome River a plus.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion as well as perform routine and non-routine tasks with care, attention to detail and efficiency.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff, vendors, and external contacts.
• Must possess a thorough command of the English language, including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding non-legal matters of a routine nature.
• Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate information with tact and courtesy as well as follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
• Ability to accurately type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
• Basic knowledge of standard office equipment including copy, fax and scanning machines.
• Ability to work overtime hours as requested.
• Ability to safely lift, move and carry items without assistance, weighing up to 25 lbs.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.