Specialist, CRM Systems
- 1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Specialist, CRM Systems is responsible for managing the daily processing of contact details in the firm’s CRM database (InterAction), as well as data coming from the Intapp Add-it tool. The primary focus is ensuring the integrity and validity of the information in the InterAction database. This position has a visible impact on many marketing, business development and client relationship initiatives throughout the firm by ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of client and contact data, including but not limited to spelling of names, titles, company affiliations and addresses. The specialist will be responsible for data analysis, data change management, research, list management, queries, and reporting. The specialist will also contribute to efforts to ensure that the data, and the processes used to add and maintain data, are compliant with GDPR, CASL and the CCPA This position will serve as the primary contact for data quality and maintenance issues.
• Ensure the overall quality of data by examining and processing contact data changes made by InterAction users, including attorneys, administrative assistants, marketing/business development team members, business managers and other staff.
• Ensure the overall quality of data by performing daily data quality control procedures, including review and approve data change management requests, checking and merging duplicate contacts, standardizing data and ensuring that the necessary data fields are populated according to firm data standards in both InterAction and Intapp
• Monitor the flow of data between InterAction, Intapp and other databases for accuracy and data quality.
• Perform InterAction data imports and exports.
• Provide InterAction and Intapp project support and development to best practices.
• Provide coordination and implementation of data updating bad email addresses, research email bounce backs and update contact information as appropriate, review practice area mailing lists to proactively determine which lists need to be updated, perform database queries to support firm marketing and business development efforts.
• Produce CRM reports on a standard and ad hoc basis (contact sharing, CRM training, bad address, events, publications and statistics).
• Stay abreast of industry discussions/media regarding client relationship management; data privacy issues as specified by CASL, GDPR and the CCPA, new CRM related technologies, software upgrades (InterAction, Vuture, Intapp, etc.) that can increase or lead to CRM efficiencies; assess those technologies and make recommendations.
• Suggest ways to enhance the CRM database for increased usage on a proactive basis to support overall firm-wide marketing and business development efforts.
• Perform QA testing related to any software upgrades/new technologies; and work closely with the Manager, CRM Systems, Director, Marketing Technology & Operations, Web Strategy Manager and IT Department on all upgrades.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, IT or related discipline. Equivalent training and experience will substitute for education.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with CRM systems and technology.
• Industry experience and knowledge are desirable as is experience within a professional services firm.
• Advanced experience with CRM systems. Knowledge of InterAction and Intapp systems and platforms a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Skill in Internet research.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to effectively develop and maintain effective business relationships with co-workers and outside parties.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge or guidance, analyze and interpret data from several sources, solve problems by applying precedent or extrapolating from previous experience.
• Flexibility to work overtime as needed to complete necessary and time-sensitive tasks.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.