Claims Recovery Administrative Coordinator
- 3 Park Plaza, Irvine, CA 92614, USA
We are Crowell & Moring.
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Claims Recovery Administrative Coordinator will coordinate the work of the Claims Recovery Administrative team and provide general support to the Irvine office of Crowell & Moring. This lead role will be required to oversee the administrative workflow and facilitate the groups’ agenda.
• Coordinates the organization, staffing, and operational responsibilities for the Claims Administration group.
• Oversees and maintains work procedures and methods; assigns work activities and projects, and performs and assists with the day-to-day duties.
• Conducts regular team meetings with department leaders to ensure that sufficient support and resources are being provided to meet goals.
• Prepares, or oversees the preparation of, all new matter paperwork to open cases.
• Oversees revisions and updates to various tracking spreadsheets, including the Master Contact List, retention tracking chart, and other firm and group databases.
• Prepares, or oversees the preparation of weekly trackers, distributes to the department for updates, and incorporates all revisions and updates into final summaries for distribution to attorneys.
• Tracks the status of all matters and prepares client authorizations upon request.
• Assists with creation, preparation, and maintenance of claims information and status updates for various open matters.
• Researches publicly available information (company websites, financial statements, other web-based research). Compiles, summarizes and reports findings.
• Occasionally attends conferences (when requested) that are sponsored by the department.
• Creates and maintains filing systems to ensure accuracy and efficient retrieval of data.
• Participates as needed in special department projects.
The position requires a minimum High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
The position requires a minimum of eight (8) years of directly related corporate and/or administrative experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and coordinate professional personnel.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding office data.
• Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of Windows and MS suite of products such as Word, Excel.
• Must possess a thorough command of the English language, including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Demonstrates ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position fucntions and participate in team efforts.
• Demonstrates ability to adapt to changing priorities, to maintain a productive and committed work effort, and to deal with difficult situations and/or individuals, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Ability to accurately type 50+ words per minute.
• Ability to safely lift, move and carry items without assistance, weighing up to 20 lbs.
• Ability to be flexible in work hours and comfortable working in various locations within-firm work spaces.
• Ability to work overtime hours as requested.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.