Principal Architect, Applications
- 1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
We are Crowell & Moring.
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Principle Architect leads the large-scale custom application development projects through the implementation of life-cycle utilizing Agile project management processes, techniques, and tools. The Principal Architect is the key thought leader on the Applications Development Team, providing technical leadership and mentorship to the development team on solutions, architecture, research, best practices, and implementation of new technologies. The Principal Architect has hands-on technical responsibility for the overall architectural and framework design for all of the solutions being delivered by the applications team. The Principal Architect ensures our application stack is cutting-edge and forward-looking by researching and designing programming patterns, frameworks, and custom libraries.
• Designs and writes new software programs of various levels of complexity; improves existing applications by analyzing and identifying areas for modification.
• Leads large-scale custom application development projects through the implementation life-cycle utilizing Agile project management processes, techniques, and tools.
• Analyzes business processes to gather application, process, and feature requirements.
• Designs and implements complex application infrastructure, data models, development tools, and deployment pipelines.
• Defines and develops interfaces needed to integrate across components of a solution, including mobile applications, web applications, backend services, and databases.
• Leads development team members by prioritizing project action items/issues, monitoring progress, providing technical feedback, and fostering an environment of innovation and continuous improvement.
• Provides technical mentorship to the development team on solutions, architecture, research, best practices, and implementation of new technologies.
• Ensures our application stack is cutting-edge and forward-looking by researching and designing programming patterns, frameworks, and custom libraries.
• Anticipates problems and future technical needs and takes necessary corrective steps to ensure they are addressed.
• Performs on-going security testing in adherence to the firm’s software development lifecycle to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
• Develops code reviews standards to ensure the highest quality code is approved before being deployed to production environments.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
• The position requires a minimum of eight (8) years of increasing responsibilities; directly related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated.
• Experience leading and mentoring development teams required.
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodology with diversity to work within other SDLC methodologies required.
• Experience with Azure DevOps or related version control platforms required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge of client-side web development utilizing Angular, NgRx, and related frameworks.
• Advanced knowledge of NodeJs, and related frameworks.
• Advanced knowledge in No-SQL and T-SQL databases.
• Demonstrated expertise in system-level design, and experience with web services and service oriented architectures
• Experience mentoring/training junior developers on complex technical issues.
• Demonstrated ability to lead the completion of large-scale application implementations utilizing Agile project management processes, techniques, and tools.
• Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and lead team efforts.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing throughout the organization, including management, members of the partnership, and senior leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines.
• Must be detail oriented and logical, demonstrates significant initiative and self-motivation.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.