Marketing Operations Assistant
- 1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Marketing Operations Assistant will assist the Chief Marketing Officer and the Marketing Leadership team with a wide variety of activities, including maintenance of department databases and the firm’s suite of marketing materials; orientation and support for new department members; production of presentations, reports and other materials required by the marketing leadership team; and a variety of project management and administrative responsibilities.
The Marketing Operations Assistant will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
• Coordinate Department and group meetings, training sessions, and retreats.
• Maintain the Department’s intranet site, firm databases, marketing collateral repository, and other knowledge management tools as needed. Suggests and implements process improvements and best practices as appropriate.
• Work with the CMO and Marketing Leadership Team to develop and advance best practices across the department.
• Participate in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of new marketing and business development technologies. Trains team members on select technologies.
• Manage lists that track pitches and proposals, assists in coordinating and tracking activity related to the firm-wide Chambers process, as well as other Department activities and initiatives.
• Provide reporting and analytics on a variety of Department activities and initiatives. Assist in the production of occasional reports summarizing Department activities and results to the firm management.
• Provide orientation support to new Marketing and Business Development Department team members, particularly as it pertains to the training and use of department technology, systems, and operations. The Marketing Operations Assistant will work with the marketing leadership team to help coordinate the orientation schedule and activities of each new team member.
• Track client marketing permissions and suggests and implements process improvements and best practices as appropriate.
• Support the development and tracking of the Department’s annual budget and monitors expenditures monthly. Help to review and approve expenses. Prepare quarterly summaries of spend and forecast to budget.
• Provide a wide variety of administrative support to the CMO, including calendar management, travel, and meeting arrangement and support.
• Coordinate with the digital marketing team to help maintain website content and execute social media campaigns as needed.
• Help to manage the Department’s calendar.
• Coordinate with the research team on requests for information on collection on clients, industries and competitors.
• Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of four (4) to seven (7) years of related experience with the demonstration of increased responsibilities. Strong executive assistant and project management experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines and daily requirements in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong time management skills, including a proactive orientation.
• Ability to work independently and with others to accomplish project objectives and to advance the Department’s priorities.
• Demonstrated experience managing projects and operating in a proactive manner to ensure that deadlines are met and that deliverables reflect input and review from all key constituencies.
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to produce quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, presentations, and research reports.
• Proficiency in the full Microsoft Office Suite of products.
• Advanced Excel skills, including the ability to produce pivot tables and complex financial reporting.
• Ability to quickly learn and utilize new software programs and tools.
• Must possess strong attention to detail.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.