Temporary Research Librarian
- 1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Crowell & Moring, LLP
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Research Librarian (temporary) will provide research support and outreach for all offices and work as a member of the firm-wide Research Services team.
• Conduct business, legal, legislative, and regulatory research for attorneys, marketing staff, business managers, and paralegals, providing an initial analysis of research results and summaries of key findings.
• Provide background research and competitive intelligence on companies, industries, and markets in support of business and client development efforts. Use a variety of tools to obtain information required to support more strategic decision making.
• Help set up and manage docket and news current awareness monitoring, determining the most accurate and thorough methods for capturing and delivering information.
• Guide attorneys and staff on the effective use of research databases.
Education - The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree. MLS preferred, but equivalent training and experience may substitute.
The position requires a minimum of three (3) years of related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position were demonstrated.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.