Cash Applications Specialist
- 1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
The Cash Applications Specialist is responsible for all aspects of cash applications for the U.S. offices. The Cash Applications Specialist works directly with the firm’s clients and with personnel across all of the firm’s offices and at various levels throughout the organization.
• Enters daily receipts for all bank accounts including trust accounts, ensuring that wire fees and other agreed write-off arrangements are completed on a timely basis in order to ensure accurate maintenance of accounts receivable balances.
• Submits checks to virtual lockbox scanner; posts and applies credit card payments.
• Performs deposit extracts, verification, and ledger credit uploads utilizing the Receivables Automation tools.
• Processes credit card charges and monitors payments mailbox for advice/application instructions.
• Analyzes major client ledger records to ensure proper allocations have occurred so that the firm A/R reports are accurate.
• Facilitates communication with firm clients, attorneys, secretaries, client account representatives, and accounting personnel to resolve application related issues on client accounts.
• Monitors unallocated and unapplied receipts for timely resolution.
• Processes client refunds related to duplicate or erroneous payments.
• Maintains a functional knowledge of Elite's billing module in order to communicate effectively with billing personnel regarding various options used to customize billing and receipt applications to meet client requirements.
• Maintains a working relationship with the firm's banking contact to locate missing checks or resolve other bank errors and address client inquiries concerning misdirected funds.
• Handles completion of time-sensitive audit requests.
• Maintains logs/listings of special client arrangements or AFA's including the firm's "watch list" of expected cash receipts.
• Creates and distributes daily Cash Receipts Package Report to Management, to include reconciling all payment and trust batches to bank deposits and online statements.
• Identifies and researches discrepancies/disputed items and recommends account adjustments to clear such items from client accounts.
• Answers inquiries about client cash applications from partners and clients.
• Performs ad hoc analysis and research as requested.
• Participates in special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff, vendors, and clients.
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding non-legal matters of a routine nature.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Knowledge of basic accounting and/or budgeting principles and the ability to track, organize, analyze and report financial data in a clear manner.
• Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and Elite or CMS.
The position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires basic familiarity with office equipment, protocol, and filing systems. On-the-job training will be provided on cash applications responsibilities and concepts. Experience in billing/cash applications/banking or similar accounting experience using a complex accounting system such as Elite is preferred.
Crowell & Moring LLP and C&M International offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.